Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best practices

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best practices

Hey guys.

I've opened a few different accounts, i.e. PRG, Discover, CSP and Venture...all within the last two months.  Obviously chaining myself to something is garden is the next step, but should I be considering cutting a few of the lower limits or should I sit tight?

THanks!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Best practices

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys.

I've opened a few different accounts, i.e. PRG, Discover, CSP and Venture...all within the last two months.  Obviously chaining myself to something is garden is the next step, but should I be considering cutting a few of the lower limits or should I sit tight?

THanks!!

Sit tight unless you have to pay an AF on a card you don't need or want. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sit real tight!.. 

dont app more because lenders will tend to see that as looking for too much credit. 

app for what you really really need in the next months!

Message 3 of 5
Pway
Valued Contributor

I agree with the others sit tight. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 4 of 5
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Your call despite the inevitable "do not close if no AF" replies as best is subjective.  Everyone does not have the same needs/wants/credit/preferences/priorities/goals/etc.

Use the info in this thread linked in the Helpful Threads sticky to help you in your decision:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&thread.id=117125&jump=true

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.