Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best preapproval ever...

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Best preapproval ever...

Oh I just LOVE how First Premier Bank have been flooding my mailbox over these past couple of months.

$700 CL with $175 annual fee. That 36.0% APR is just too good to pass up.

UGH. I just had a bad account of theirs drop off my credit reports too. I'm glad I'm older and wiser and know not to fall for their garbage.

Should keep the letter by the toilet...that's about all it's good for...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Best preapproval ever...

I have stack of those since my first Discover approval last summer. Most people shredded, burn, or otherwise rip'em up.

Not me. I collect them along with the predatory Finance approvals, and all in chronological order. In May i want to share those offers with my local bank's favorite loan officer to lighten his day a little and break the monotony. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 15
NoNonsense
Established Member

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
I have stack of those since my first Discover approval last summer. Most people shredded, burn, or otherwise rip'em up.

Not me. I collect them along with the predatory Finance approvals, and all in chronological order. In May i want to share those offers with my local bank's favorite loan officer to lighten his day a little and break the monotony. Smiley Happy

I shudder to think what "special treatment" you have reserved for any upcoming Barclays approval.  My guess is that the poor thing will not make it to the loan officer's desk....

Message 3 of 15
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

LOL you can have some of the pre-approvals I get from the Union Workers and Tunica-Bilioxi Tribe!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 4 of 15
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

This is what i do with their card everytime when i get those offers in the mail:

1.jpg

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 5 of 15
NoNonsense
Established Member

@yudeology101 wrote:

This is what i do with their card everytime when i get those offers in the mail:

1.jpg

That just ain't right, and probably illegal in several states...

Message 6 of 15
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@NoNonsense wrote:

@yudeology101 wrote:

1.jpg

That just ain't right, and probably illegal in several states...

I don't get it...what ain't right?  They keep sending those offers in the mail w/ fake replica CCs in the mail, and i happen to have a use out of it. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 7 of 15
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Ok guys, here's a brand new one for us. Maybe i'm the recipient of the very first batch of these.

I suspect it's an internal offshoot from First Premier or it's subsidiary Smiley Happy

First time i ever seen this one. Yes, i save these in dated order and as a reminder of how driven these types are for the desparate unsuspecting consumer at large.

First Savings Bank (Preapproved Credit Card) MC
PO Box 5020 Sioux City, SD 57117

Credit Limit Up To $1,500
Most customers receive an initial credit limit of $350; some higher Smiley Happy

APR. 29.9%
Annual Fee $75
Notice: Some of the set-up and maintenance fees will be assessed before you begin using your card.
If assigned the minimum credit limit of $350 your initial available credit will be only $275

For a nominal fee of just $4.95 per month billed directly to your card, enjoy the benefits of The Premium Club.

Reply by March 17, 2014 to get your First Savings Credit Card.

PFFFFFTTTTTT!
Message 8 of 15
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

@injustifiiable wrote:

Oh I just LOVE how First Premier Bank have been flooding my mailbox over these past couple of months.

$700 CL with $175 annual fee. That 36.0% APR is just too good to pass up.

UGH. I just had a bad account of theirs drop off my credit reports too. I'm glad I'm older and wiser and know not to fall for their garbage.

Should keep the letter by the toilet...that's about all it's good for...

I would call them just for fun.  I would counter for a 70,000 CL, zero AF, and 0% for 36 years.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 9 of 15
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@CreditMagic7 wrote:
Ok guys, here's a brand new one for us. Maybe i'm the recipient of the very first batch of these.

I suspect it's an internal offshoot from First Premier or it's subsidiary Smiley Happy

First time i ever seen this one. Yes, i save these in dated order and as a reminder of how driven these types are for the desparate unsuspecting consumer at large.

First Savings Bank (Preapproved Credit Card) MC
PO Box 5020 Sioux City, SD 57117

Credit Limit Up To $1,500
Most customers receive an initial credit limit of $350; some higher Smiley Happy

APR. 29.9%
Annual Fee $75
Notice: Some of the set-up and maintenance fees will be assessed before you begin using your card.
If assigned the minimum credit limit of $350 your initial available credit will be only $275

For a nominal fee of just $4.95 per month billed directly to your card, enjoy the benefits of The Premium Club.

Reply by March 17, 2014 to get your First Savings Credit Card.

PFFFFFTTTTTT!

Hahahah...funny you mention this one. I actually have one of these. It's not too bad. They started me at a higher limit and have given auto CLI's every six months. I've had it a year now. I already paid the annual fee for year two so will probably axe it in 2015.

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.