Valued Contributor
injustifiiable

Best preapproval ever...

Oh I just LOVE how First Premier Bank have been flooding my mailbox over these past couple of months.

$700 CL with $175 annual fee. That 36.0% APR is just too good to pass up.

UGH. I just had a bad account of theirs drop off my credit reports too. I'm glad I'm older and wiser and know not to fall for their garbage.

Should keep the letter by the toilet...that's about all it's good for...

Scores 6/17/2014: TU FICO: 643 | EQ FICO: 675 | EX AMEX FICO: 666

In my new wallet: American Express Premier Rewards Gold EMV: NPSL | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | BarclayCard Rewards Average: $2000 | Travelocity Rewards AMEX: $1050 | Discover IT: $1500 | Amazon Rewards Visa: $1500 | Sportsman's Guide Visa: $3000 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $1250 | Target: $400 | J.Crew $5950
Valued Contributor
CreditMagic7

Re: Best preapproval ever...

I have stack of those since my first Discover approval last summer. Most people shredded, burn, or otherwise rip'em up.

Not me. I collect them along with the predatory Finance approvals, and all in chronological order. In May i want to share those offers with my local bank's favorite loan officer to lighten his day a little and break the monotony. :smileyhappy:
| |

It's All In The Magic Of Your Own Destiny
Established Member
NoNonsense

CreditMagic7 wrote:
I have stack of those since my first Discover approval last summer. Most people shredded, burn, or otherwise rip'em up.

Not me. I collect them along with the predatory Finance approvals, and all in chronological order. In May i want to share those offers with my local bank's favorite loan officer to lighten his day a little and break the monotony. :smileyhappy:

I shudder to think what "special treatment" you have reserved for any upcoming Barclays approval.  My guess is that the poor thing will not make it to the loan officer's desk....

Valued Contributor
injustifiiable

CreditMagic7 wrote:

LOL you can have some of the pre-approvals I get from the Union Workers and Tunica-Bilioxi Tribe!

In my new wallet: American Express Premier Rewards Gold EMV: NPSL | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | BarclayCard Rewards Average: $2000 | Travelocity Rewards AMEX: $1050 | Discover IT: $1500 | Amazon Rewards Visa: $1500 | Sportsman's Guide Visa: $3000 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $1250 | Target: $400 | J.Crew $5950
Senior Contributor
yudeology101

This is what i do with their card everytime when i get those offers in the mail:

1.jpg

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +13more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 9/12/14*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 as of 12-12-13)
Established Member
NoNonsense

yudeology101 wrote:

This is what i do with their card everytime when i get those offers in the mail:

1.jpg

That just ain't right, and probably illegal in several states...

Senior Contributor
yudeology101

NoNonsense wrote:

yudeology101 wrote:

1.jpg

That just ain't right, and probably illegal in several states...

I don't get it...what ain't right?  They keep sending those offers in the mail w/ fake replica CCs in the mail, and i happen to have a use out of it. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +13more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 9/12/14*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 as of 12-12-13)
Valued Contributor
CreditMagic7

Ok guys, here's a brand new one for us. Maybe i'm the recipient of the very first batch of these.

I suspect it's an internal offshoot from First Premier or it's subsidiary :smileyhappy:

First time i ever seen this one. Yes, i save these in dated order and as a reminder of how driven these types are for the desparate unsuspecting consumer at large.

First Savings Bank (Preapproved Credit Card) MC
PO Box 5020 Sioux City, SD 57117

Credit Limit Up To $1,500
Most customers receive an initial credit limit of $350; some higher :smileyhappy:

APR. 29.9%
Annual Fee $75
Notice: Some of the set-up and maintenance fees will be assessed before you begin using your card.
If assigned the minimum credit limit of $350 your initial available credit will be only $275

For a nominal fee of just $4.95 per month billed directly to your card, enjoy the benefits of The Premium Club.

Reply by March 17, 2014 to get your First Savings Credit Card.

PFFFFFTTTTTT!
| |

It's All In The Magic Of Your Own Destiny
Established Contributor
VirtualCuriosity

injustifiiable wrote:

Oh I just LOVE how First Premier Bank have been flooding my mailbox over these past couple of months.

$700 CL with $175 annual fee. That 36.0% APR is just too good to pass up.

UGH. I just had a bad account of theirs drop off my credit reports too. I'm glad I'm older and wiser and know not to fall for their garbage.

Should keep the letter by the toilet...that's about all it's good for...

I would call them just for fun.  I would counter for a 70,000 CL, zero AF, and 0% for 36 years.

TU98 700, TU08 700, EQ 726, EX 700 (As of 10/2014) - Personal Goal = 760+

Gardening since 8-1-14

Valued Contributor
injustifiiable

CreditMagic7 wrote:
Ok guys, here's a brand new one for us. Maybe i'm the recipient of the very first batch of these.

I suspect it's an internal offshoot from First Premier or it's subsidiary :smileyhappy:

First time i ever seen this one. Yes, i save these in dated order and as a reminder of how driven these types are for the desparate unsuspecting consumer at large.

First Savings Bank (Preapproved Credit Card) MC
PO Box 5020 Sioux City, SD 57117

Credit Limit Up To $1,500
Most customers receive an initial credit limit of $350; some higher :smileyhappy:

APR. 29.9%
Annual Fee $75
Notice: Some of the set-up and maintenance fees will be assessed before you begin using your card.
If assigned the minimum credit limit of $350 your initial available credit will be only $275

For a nominal fee of just $4.95 per month billed directly to your card, enjoy the benefits of The Premium Club.

Reply by March 17, 2014 to get your First Savings Credit Card.

PFFFFFTTTTTT!

Hahahah...funny you mention this one. I actually have one of these. It's not too bad. They started me at a higher limit and have given auto CLI's every six months. I've had it a year now. I already paid the annual fee for year two so will probably axe it in 2015.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}