Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best restaurant card?

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: Best restaurant card?

@Anonymous wrote:

The only thing I can think of outside of what you mentioned is the Citi Thankyou Preferred and Barclay Arrival (not the plus).  They are both no annual fee and 2 points/miles respectively for dining. 

Honestly I would take the Double Cash over the Thank you card. I had the CSP but after realizing I moved all my restaurant and travel to my Double Cash it wasn't really worth keeping the CSP and PCed it down to the CS with no annual fee. IT still have 2% on dining so might split it with my Double cash.

The double cash card is a general 2% CB card which is very good imo if you don't want to deal with the category spending 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 41 of 43
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Here's a link to the Chase AARP Visa with a $100 sign-up bonus for spending $500 in the first 3 months.  The sign-up bonus increases the value of this card, at least for the first year:

http://www.aarpcreditcard.com/Default

I don't have the card myself, but I would consider it for sure (I'm mid-30s) if I didn't already have the US Bank Cash + card, which I've been using for dining (5% fast food/2% restaurants) and 5% back on cell phones.  Speaking of which, here's a link to the the Cash + card with a $100 sign-up bonus for $500 of spend within first 3 months:

https://www.usbank.com/splash/credit-cards/cash-plus/aff/index.html

With a US Bank credit card, you are eligible for their Gold Checking account, which has no fees or minimums.  Currently, they're running a promotion where if you open an account and either make two bill pays or have at least two direct deposits (totaling $500) within 60 days you get $125.  Just think, if you open the Cash + you can get the sign-up bonus for that and simultaneously open a no fee checking account with at least $25 and do two electronic bill pays within two months (easy), you would then end up with $225 in cash bonuses when all is said and done.  Of course, this is contingent on not already having a US Bank checking account and the promotion (called Power Up) ends August 10, so you'd want to apply for the credit card and then open the checking account soon:

https://www.usbank.com/splash/powerup/index.html?icid=HPC_14019&WT.mc_id=r14019&original_ref=https%3...

Smiley Happy

ETA: The Cash + still offers a $25 bonus when you redeem your first $100 in rewards, which means that you're looking at $250 in total bonuses if you open both the credit card and checking account!

Message 42 of 43
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Closingracer99 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The only thing I can think of outside of what you mentioned is the Citi Thankyou Preferred and Barclay Arrival (not the plus).  They are both no annual fee and 2 points/miles respectively for dining. 

Honestly I would take the Double Cash over the Thank you card. I had the CSP but after realizing I moved all my restaurant and travel to my Double Cash it wasn't really worth keeping the CSP and PCed it down to the CS with no annual fee. IT still have 2% on dining so might split it with my Double cash.

The double cash card is a general 2% CB card which is very good imo if you don't want to deal with the category spending 

Thanks ClosingGracer!  I am the OP.  You might have missed it in my first post, but I already have the Citi DoubleCash.  I agree, it's awesome.

Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.