Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best rewards CC

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Best rewards CC

What is the best CC for Gas and Grocery rewards CC. I have a Costco card with 4% gas and 2% Grocery.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Jungook
Regular Contributor

Re: Best rewards CC

@corymcd88 wrote:

What is the best CC for Gas and Grocery rewards CC. I have a Costco card with 4% gas and 2% Grocery.

Isn't the Costco card only 3% gas?

Message 2 of 9
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Jungook wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

Isn't the Costco card only 3% gas?

For personal it is but it is a Business card

Message 3 of 9
Luscher
Valued Contributor

4 percent for gas all the time is pretty good. the only time i get better is 5 percent for a quarter a month each on freedom and discover. so i think thats your best bet since you already have the card. unless their is a cap
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 4 of 9
CMoney91
Valued Member

Three good choices with no annual fee:

1. Bank Americard Cash Rewards ($100 bonus), 3% gas / 2% groceries

2. American Express Blue Cash Everyday ($100 bonus), 3% groceries / 2% gas

3. Sallie Mae Barclaycard ($25 bonus), 5% groceries, gas, and bookstores (which I've heard includes any amazon purchase?)

I have the BoA Cash Rewards card but wish I had known about the Sallie Mae card instead.  I think that one over time is the best choice for gas and groceries.  Be careful though becauae I've been told on here Barclay is real strict with inquiries, even after you're approved.

Good luck!

Sallie Mae BarclayCard - $3000 (6 Months) | Chase Freedom - $3500 (6 Months)
Capital One Quicksilver - $6000 (9 Months) | Bank of America Better Balance - $5000 (9 Months)
Rooms to Go GECapital - $6600 (9 Months) | Discover IT - $4300 (2+ Years)
Subprime Accounts: 1FBUSA - $5500 (4+ Years) | Capital One Platinum MC - $1250 (4+ Years)
Message 5 of 9
tk_0014
Established Member

Loving my Freedom/CSP combo. Ultimate Rewards just PILE up in no time! Also,

Got BofA Cash rewards promo for 5% on lots of stuff.

MyFICO (4/13) EQ score 733 CK TU score 6/13 754 FCR EX 4/13 736

CU overdraft protection CL $500 Freedom $3000 CSP $8000 BofA 123Cash Reward $3000 C1 QS1 $1250, C1 QS $5500 PP Cred $2950 Amex BCP $19500 DISC IT: $14,100 Home Depot $8000
Message 6 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@CMoney91 wrote:

Three good choices with no annual fee:

1. Bank Americard Cash Rewards ($100 bonus), 3% gas / 2% groceries

2. American Express Blue Cash Everyday ($100 bonus), 3% groceries / 2% gas

3. Sallie Mae Barclaycard ($25 bonus), 5% groceries, gas, and bookstores (which I've heard includes any amazon purchase?)

I have the BoA Cash Rewards card but wish I had known about the Sallie Mae card instead.  I think that one over time is the best choice for gas and groceries.  Be careful though becauae I've been told on here Barclay is real strict with inquiries, even after you're approved.

Good luck!

For 2, it's usually better to get BCP, bigger bonus, 6% groceries, 3% gas.    Penfed used to look good as well, 5% gas, 3% groceries, but they are changing their reward structure.  So for now, for gas, Fort Knox Credit Union looks best, 5% gas, 1% everything else.

Message 7 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

And for the short term, hard to beat the TD Card: http://www.tdbank.com/personalcreditcard/cashrewardscard.html

Earn 5% cash back on eligible purchases including dining, groceries, gas and cable, phone and utility bill payments for 6 months

So, only 6 months, but by then there might be new opportunities.  This is an amazing mix of 5% on one card.

Message 8 of 9
GaTech
Frequent Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

And for the short term, hard to beat the TD Card: http://www.tdbank.com/personalcreditcard/cashrewardscard.html

Earn 5% cash back on eligible purchases including dining, groceries, gas and cable, phone and utility bill payments for 6 months

So, only 6 months, but by then there might be new opportunities.  This is an amazing mix of 5% on one card.

It should be 5% in those categories ALL year long Smiley Happy (Wishful Thinking)

As of 1/10/2014 EX FICO - 748. EQ FICO - 728. Trans FICO - 755

WellsFargo - $3,000 AMEX BCE - $18,000 Chase Freedom - $4,000

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.