Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best rewards card for fair credit?

tag
Exonumist
Established Contributor

Re: Best rewards card for fair credit?

Honestly I think your better off getting your score up first. It will take some time, but the cards you can get if your just over 700 will be way better. Right now I think you best chance is the Cap1 Quicksilver with an af. Even that could be iffy.

Message 11 of 13
zsepthenne
Regular Contributor

@stefnian0426 wrote:

I am new to credit cards.

I had 2 cards about 10 yrs ago that i fell behind on. ended up in collections and haven't had a card since unitl now.

i currently have 3 comenity cards but i am looking to get a rewards cards. However i dont know anything about anything with credit cards.

My scores, the last i checked were 593,598,619. when i last checked i had a balance on my 1 card (other 2 have not appeared on my score yet) i plan to have everything paid in full. The score simulator says that will bring my score up a little..hopefully. But any how, Can anyone recommend a good card?

I do alot of food shopping (family of 5)

During the summer we do some road trips, day trips and few over nighters.

Thank you in advance.

I have a partially secured Bank of America cash rewards card, I just recently switched it over to the rewards. Offers 1% for regular purchases, 2% on groceries, 3% on gas. 

Beginning Scores 9/2013: EX 651, TU 639 Short term goals: Scores in the mid 700s 1/15 TU08 701| 4/2018 TU08 800!! |11/2019 TU 785
CapOne Quicksilver $5000 | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard $6900 | Amex Everyday $15000 | Discover It $13000 | Cap One Walmart Mastercard $8000 | BofA Cash Rewards $3200 | CareCredit $7200 | Citibank Double Cash $10500 | Chase AARP $5500
Message 12 of 13
stefnian0426
Regular Contributor

Thank you everyone. I have heard from a few others about the cap one quick silver. that was one that credit karma also said to apply for.

I know bascially nothing about the barclay but will be looking into it Smiley Happy

in the last 6 months only 1 inquiry. i have two others but they are from 2013 and 2012.

I do have 1 judgement on my report (currently being invest. as i paid it) also 1 collection

I plan to pay my other credit cards as well as the 1 collection item in full by the end of march, then mid april plan to apply for a regular credit card.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.