cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best rewards card for travelling contractors?

tag
shasta
Regular Contributor

Best rewards card for travelling contractors?

With a little luck, I will be heading back to work this summer, as a 1099 contractor. 

I will be getting paid to travel to certain areas and I will be paying for gas and hotels for up to 120 days per year. Per diem will cover these expenses, but I was hoping to benefit by putting the expenses on a reward card. A lot of the areas that I'll be travelling to are remote and there won't necessarily be a hilton, marriott, etc.

I currently only have the AMEX zync- NPSL and a CAP1 with a $750 limit. After I have been working a few weeks, I was going to app for 1 or 2 cards that I could use to build up rewards. I'm most interested in airline rewards. Myfico scores are TU 675, EQ 661 and EX 647- AMEX pull. My income will be around 60K.

My hope is to travel to Europe frequently, hoping that I have a lot of rewards to use to save me money. Ideally, I would like the AMEX gold rewards, CSP and the Chase United mileage, but I don't think I'll qualify for any of them.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Best rewards card for travelling contractors?

Oh man. You're so close to the PRG. 

Message 2 of 3
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Re: Best rewards card for travelling contractors?

Before you pick on a card, decide what airline serves the area best where you would be traveling to. 

For example, if you are in Chicago, it makes more sense to get a card that pays double miles on American Airlines miles.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.