Did you mean: 

Best secured credit card?

tag
QueenofReinvention
Contributor

Re: Best secured credit card?

@Dustink wrote:

US bank has some good ones. 

Check out the aero mexico card. No fee the first year. Point bonus, companion ticket....ect

Like a prime card, but it is secured.

Thanks for supplying this information Dustin. I've been researching secured credit cards, as I'm paying off subprime cards and closing (most of them) later in the Summer next year, and I've been looking for a good secured card. I own a travel business and go to Mexico fairly frequently, so this would be an awesome card to have and get those points for tix, plus the 10% - 15% air tickets is good (every little bit helps). I love this board, I learn something new EVERYDAY! However, I am on here too much, reading and soaking up everything, and I DO, have work to do Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 35
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@QueenofReinvention wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

US bank has some good ones. 

Check out the aero mexico card. No fee the first year. Point bonus, companion ticket....ect

Like a prime card, but it is secured.

Thanks for supplying this information Dustin. I've been researching secured credit cards, as I'm paying off subprime cards and closing (most of them) later in the Summer next year, and I've been looking for a good secured card. I own a travel business and go to Mexico fairly frequently, so this would be an awesome card to have and get those points for tix, plus the 10% - 15% air tickets is good (every little bit helps). I love this board, I learn something new EVERYDAY! However, I am on here too much, reading and soaking up everything, and I DO, have work to do Smiley Happy

Glad I could help. Sometimes cards like that are hard to find. US Bank never advertises them. I feel that card is one of the best secured cards in existance.

All of this from a secured card! It is almost hard to believe. The introductory no AF is almost enough on it's own. The points, discounts, companion ticket, bonus categories are just icing on the cake.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 32 of 35
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

Wow wish I would of found this site when looking for Secured Cards.  US Bank looks way better than my cards now.  I have continental Matrix Discover Card AF 75 Plus $12 monthly after the first year at 29%.  Also Applied AF 50 9.9% They send a form monthly to send additional money for CLI (mailed Saturday CLI on Thursday).  Seemed reasonable.

AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Message 33 of 35
staifokuzed
Regular Contributor

Oh but Applied on reports to Transunion and Experian.  Not Equifax.   Matrix reports all three

AMEX B SKY-1K AMEX PRG- NPSL USAA PLTM -6K
DISCOVER IT- 5.2K BARCLAY REWARD- 3.2K
PAYPAL REWARDS -6K VICTORIA SECRETS -1750
USAA AMEX-5.5K CITI TY PREFR 3.1K(NPSL) CHASE FREEDOM -1K
SPORTSMAN VISA- 8K AMEX ED PRFD- 8.5
Message 34 of 35
ptilda
Established Contributor

I know this is an older thread, but it's got some good info, and I wanted to add my experience.

I like the looks of the US Bank AeroMexico Visa Secured Card. Might have DH apply when he gets here, since we both love Mexico & love to travel.

My two securred cards currently are Cap One, which I put the minimum deposit on, and will continue to add to and watch it grow; and Discover IT which I got when I was turned down for the student version (too many HPs). Just got these. Discover IT lets you put 200-3k down, I believe. I chose the minimum because I want to see how it grows. I don't believe you can add money to the deposit like you can with the Cap One.

Other cards that I'm looking at include the secured Visa from my CU (Affinity Plus), and the Bank of America card. But that won't be until at least several months of gardening.

My Wallet:Fidelity Amex $1K, DCU $3.9K, US Bank AeroMexico $300, Quicksilver $1.3K, Cap1 secured MC $750, DiscoverIT $200, Care Credit $5K, Sportsman Guide Visa $3K, Kay $3K, Jared $3K,American Airlines CC $3K, Amazon $2.9k, Walmart $2.2k, Macy's $800 revolving/$5k furniture, Comenity retail cards $5.55kStarting Score: 618Current Score: 711
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.