Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best shot at approval?

tag
ALHondaGuy
Contributor

Best shot at approval?

Tried to get my wife a TL open with Cap1, since their computer picked me up. No luck. So here's where she stands, where can we go for the best shot at approval?

7/21/11 Lender Pull

EX 616 TU 557 EQ 518

8/4/11 MyFICO

EX ??? TU 615 EQ 530

As far as I know, she's never really had any cards in her name, other than an old 1st Premier CO that I PIF'd today. Has a paid perfect car loan of 350/mo

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Best shot at approval?

Orchard would probably issue card but it's never going to grow with her... but keep for couple years and slowly start to replace with better cards.

How about Secured or are you member of credit union?

Message 2 of 11
unlucky_hove
Regular Contributor

I was able to get a Barclays card with a TU fico of approximately 608. Since they only pull TU it may be possible to qualify but no one can say for certain, plus a recon never hurts. That EQ is ugly (been there) but Orchard and Credit One will take her if you dont mind paying ridiculously high AF's.

Message 3 of 11
ALHondaGuy
Contributor

We are members a a small CU, but I'm not happy with the service as of late, so we're looking at closing our account there.  As far as secured, we can go that route, but if we don't have to put the money down upfront...

Message 4 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

If you don't want to put money down then I would go for a Barclay card like Apple iTunes... most likely will be declined instantly but lots of success with recon via backdoor number above.

2. Orchard.. $300 CL most likely but you can do pre-approval and hopefully get the level with no annual fee.

Message 5 of 11
ALHondaGuy
Contributor

Barclay's Apple Financing Visa was approved online for $690. Said the card should be in the mail in a few days.

Message 6 of 11
kjm79
Valued Contributor

@ALHondaGuy wrote:

Barclay's Apple Financing Visa was approved online for $690. Said the card should be in the mail in a few days.

You are two for two today!  Have her call Barclays and say she wants to purchase_______(fill in the blanks) for $_______ and she's interested in reconing the CL she was granted.  Might tell them she paid off the old CO and will probably have good chance at a higher limit.  $1200-$1500 maybe...already have the inquiry, all they can do is say no. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 7 of 11
ALHondaGuy
Contributor

Forgot to ask, does Barclay's report to all three or just TU?

Message 8 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

reports to all 3

Message 9 of 11
tray
Valued Contributor

@ALHondaGuy wrote:

Congratulations, road to recovery!!!!

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.