Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best transfer partners for SPG?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best transfer partners for SPG?

I have only had my SPG for one month and other than the sign up bonus, what has been your best way of utilizing the card? Obviously, transfering points to an airline partner gets the 5k point bonus with each 20k transfer, but which transfer has yielded the most value or do you just use it for hotel points?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best transfer partners for SPG?

If you have a lot of SPG (90K or more) and your aim is miles and possibly a hotel as well then the current best partner is Marriott and exchanging for a 7 night package.

90K SPG turns into 270K MR which gets you 7 night stay cert at a Cat 1-5 Marriott plus 120,000 miles to a specific group of airlines. The current favorite till the end of the month is Southwest which also nets you a Companion Pass. April 1st and on no CP will be awarded.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have only had my SPG for one month and other than the sign up bonus, what has been your best way of utilizing the card? Obviously, transfering points to an airline partner gets the 5k point bonus with each 20k transfer, but which transfer has yielded the most value or do you just use it for hotel points?

I would just stick with SPG points unless you really won't use them. From the travel and credit sites I follow it seems like they all rank Starwood points pretty much at the top in value. 

Message 3 of 5
mjb59463
Regular Contributor

I've heard the SPG is pretty good at transferring to delta skymiles. Not sure what you're looking for in a transfer partner.

The Delta Skymiles cards are only actually worth the AF's if you can hit the spending thresholds for earning MQM's for status.

Otherwise, you'd be better off with the SPG and converting if you want Delta Airline miles alone. 

Scores: 790 TU (Barclay), 780 EX (Fico8), 790 EQ

Chase Freedom Unlimited (6k), CSP (20k), Amex Delta Platinum (13.5k), Amex Marriott Bonvoy (16k), Barclay Apple (12.5k), USBank Flexperks Travel Rewards (12k), Wells Fargo Visa Signature (10k), Citi Double Cash (8k), Amex Gold, Amex Platinum, Amex BBP (15k) Marriott Bonvoy Boundless (15k)
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Skypesos are a horrible conversion for SPG.

You might as well sell them for half a cent a piece if you do that.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.