cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best travel rewards credit card with lowest credit score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best travel rewards credit card with lowest credit score?

Hi all,

I was just wondering what is the best travel rewards credit card that can approve you with the lowest credit score. I love to travel and want to use for hotel stays. I know i wont be applying for anything anytime soon but once the time comes, i would like to know which card to apply for that has the best chances of getting approved.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
TRC_WA
Senior Contributor

Re: Best travel rewards credit card with lowest credit score?

I got AmEx Delta $5k CL and the CapOne Venture $10k CL with scores in the 670's and 680's and a 6 year old BK13 on file.

FICO8 current as of : 4-17-24 EQ: 724 TU: 707 EX: 706
Hard INQs last 12 months: EQ: 5 | TU: 8 | EX: 9
Verizon Visa $8500 Amex Delta Reserve $10,000 Care Credit $18,000
NFCU CashRewards $7500 Apple Card $7000 Best Buy $8000 Amazon $5000
NFCU auto loan (2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands - Cactus Gray) 6.95%
NFCU motorcycle loan (2024 Harley Davidson Road Glide - Alpine Green & Chrome) 9.45%
Total CL: $64,000 --- Total CC UTI: 27% --- AAoA: 5.5 years --- Income: $200k
Last app: 4-6-24
Message 2 of 5
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Bank of America Travel Rewards card.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 3 of 5
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

It depends on what you want in a travel card: psedo cash back (arrival, venture, BoA Travel Rewards etc), partner cards (Citi Aa, Chase United etc), cards which transfer to a group of partners (Amex SPG, Amex MR, Chase UR, Citi TYP),  and what perks you are after (lounge access, free nights etc(

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would really like free hotel nights, or whatever i can use to get free hotels nights as easy as possible. No annual fee would be great but unless you have excellent credit i wont hold my breath for it. Just a card that i could get with an average fico score where i can earn free hotel nights.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.