Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best travel sign on bonus ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best travel sign on bonus ?

Hello everyone , first of all let me say that because of this forum I currently have a 760-780 fico score . I stopped frequenting this website a couple years ago so my knowledge on the current CC's bonuses is nonexistent . My question is what are the best current airline/travel sign up bonuses ? Im planning a trip in a few months and I though I should leverage my amazing credit ( thanks to you guy ) on making it happen.

I've been gardening for the last 18-24 months . Here's my current lineup:

Chase freedom: 5k
Discover it: 7k
Capital one visa: 5k
Amex charge card
DCU platinum: 10k

And I still have the $300 secured cap 1 card that made all this happen .
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Re: Best travel sign on bonus ?

Amex platinum has an offer for 100,000 MR points if you can find the link.  That's probably the highest travel bonus going on right now.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone , first of all let me say that because of this forum I currently have a 760-780 fico score . I stopped frequenting this website a couple years ago so my knowledge on the current CC's bonuses is nonexistent . My question is what are the best current airline/travel sign up bonuses ? Im planning a trip in a few months and I though I should leverage my amazing credit ( thanks to you guy ) on making it happen.

I've been gardening for the last 18-24 months . Here's my current lineup:

Chase freedom: 5k
Discover it: 7k
Capital one visa: 5k
Amex charge card
DCU platinum: 10k

And I still have the $300 secured cap 1 card that made all this happen .

The cap1 card you should close.  Or try to unsecure it and move the 5k cap1 visa to it if its really really old (>5 yrs). I assume the 5k cap1 visa is a no AF quicksilver???

You should definitely strategize this whole thing.  How many of the cards listed have been open in the last 24 months?  That will get you to your 5/24 status for chase bank. Unless you get a mail offer, are targeted, or somehow get prequalified in branch, if you have opened 5 cards in the last 2 years its basically impossible to get approved.  You probably are a little under 5/24 so thats something to consider.

If I were you, I would go to reddit.com/r/awardtravel and look at some of the threads there.  See what types of trips folks have taken, how many points it took, and how they got them.  I would definitely get the CSP and CSR first, so that you can redeem all your URs through the CSR for a better value.  The arrival plus is currently at 50k points, worth 500 in travel, but you can only redeem it for charges >$100 and you are stuck dealing with arrival plus redemption math, because you will end up having a bunch of points leftover if you redeem the 500 all at once, requiring a ton of spend to cash out. At that point you could PC to the no AF version which has no dividend, and minimum redemptions of $25.

Even though I dislike barclays because of their wonky customer service, I will also mention their aviator red card. $95 annual fee, but has 50k miles free after your first purchase, meaning no minimum spend.

Which Amex charge card do you have?  If you cant get the 100k offer to show up you may be able to upgrade your current card to the platinum and get 60k points, $200 in flight credits now and again january first.  Delta gold amex is at 60k miles free, also the platinum is at 70k.

May be able to get the bank of america merrill plus by calling in which is $500 cash, or up to $1k in flights (although folks tend to get closer to 700-900).

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/5wsvzr/faq_credit_card_recommendation_flowchart/

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both Chase Southwest Cards are offering 60,000 point sign-up bonuses right now.  That is worth 900 dollars each. If you get both the cards  and get both bonuses you will have over 120k points which will qualify you for free companion pass for all your flights in 2018.  Seems like 120k points plus a companion pass you could do a lot of flying on Southwest that way.. Bon Voyage.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Both Chase Southwest Cards are offering 60,000 point sign-up bonuses right now.  That is worth 900 dollars each. If you get both the cards  and get both bonuses you will have over 120k points which will qualify you for free companion pass for all your flights in 2018.  Seems like 120k points plus a companion pass you could do a lot of flying on Southwest that way.. Bon Voyage.

yes!

http://www.doctorofcredit.com/three-chase-southwest-cards-increased-60000-points-easy-companion-pass/

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a lot guys that helps along . The cap 1 is quicksilver and the Amex is gold . I haven't opened any new cards in the last 18-20 months . I get mail from chase every single week for the CSP and the slate so I'm guessing they'd approve me if I applied . I know their pre approval used to be good as gold but idk if that's changed lately . Your probably right about the secured card because I still pay like $20 annual fee . Again , thanks a lot guys .
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.