Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best type of Amex card to get

tag
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best type of Amex card to get

@idonthaveaname wrote:

Well I generally spend that much, but next year I'm not sure probably at least 1k a month though. I'm worried since while my payment history with american express is excelletn and I have been approved for the zynccard I don't want to get denied for another rewards card if i tried

I wouldn't worry too much about being denied. Since you have the Zync (and are thus an Amex member) it would only be a soft pull if you were to be denied. They only do an hp for members if you get approved.

Also,  Amex underwriting seems to have loosened up a bit over the last few months so you might have a better shot than you think.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 11 of 33
idonthaveaname
New Contributor

They told me they do another hard inquiry not soft. Whats the easiest amex credit card to get approved for if I already have the zync

Message 12 of 33
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Check out the thread I just made about the AMEX Plat first year free...See if your up for trying that

See what fits your lifestyle best. Delta, hhonors?

To me, all the revolvers have similar requirements, and all the charge cards have about the same requirements.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 13 of 33
idonthaveaname
New Contributor

Well that all seem very similar. I'm concerned about a hard inquiry . Someone on here said its soft but they told me it would be hard when I talked with amex.

I was also curious how much harder blue is than the regular charge cards

Message 14 of 33
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@idonthaveaname wrote:

Well that all seem very similar. I'm concerned about a hard inquiry . Someone on here said its soft but they told me it would be hard when I talked with amex.

I was also curious how much harder blue is than the regular charge cards

If you have an amex product already, which you do. It will be a SP if declined, HP if approved.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 15 of 33
idonthaveaname
New Contributor

ok thanks!

Message 16 of 33
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

My spending pattern on zync is roughly same as yours. I picked up PR gold and lowes by amex this year. PR gold bonus MR points after 30k spend is awesome. I kept zync for the double points on connect pack and to help my hubbys credit since he is an ACM .
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 17 of 33
idonthaveaname
New Contributor

Their online app is having an issue where it does not let you log in, if I do a new app without logging in and giving my current card information will i still get the soft or hard?

Message 18 of 33
OptimasPrime
Frequent Contributor

@idonthaveaname wrote:

They told me they do another hard inquiry not soft. Whats the easiest amex credit card to get approved for if I already have the zync

Who is they, an Amex customer service rep? It's not entirely uncommon for lower level amex csrs to be misinformed about Amex policies and procedures, it's actually been documented several times on these boards. 

It's also pretty well documented that current amex members in good standing don't get hard pulled when they get denied for clis or new credit cards. They only time I have ever known them to do an hp is if a member calls in to do a recon.

As far as what card to app for, the delta gold is generally considered to be the easiest revolver to obtain, whereas I would say that the plain blue is probably the easiest non co-branded revolver. Of course, any of the charge cards would most likely be easier to obtain than the aforementioned revolvers.

EQ 778 | TU 776
Barclay US Airways WMC 7.5k | BCE 5.8k | BofA Travel Rewards 9.1k | Chase Marriott Premier 13k | Citi TYP WMC 6.5k | Freedom Visa Sig 8k| Discover it 10k
Message 19 of 33
idonthaveaname
New Contributor

Thanks a lot! Sorry for being neurotic I just don't want another hit. Also since it doesn't allow me to log in and apply for the card due to an error, if I just fill out a new application will the system still go through the same procedures from someone as a current cardholder?

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.