Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to PIF?

tag
ricefed
Contributor

Best way to PIF?

I currently only leave a 1% balance report and pif each month. The way I pif is everytime i use my credit card  i pay it off the same day i make the charge. My question is would it be better to let the charges build up a week or two for a higher balance then pif? Just wondering what the best option is to help my credit limit grow in the future. My limit is 3k and im running a little over 2k through it each month. The credit card im using is a NFCU cash rewards if the makes a difference. Thanks for the help.

NFCU cash rewards 10,000 -Chase Sapphire Preferred 6,900-Chase Slate 6,000- Amazon 10,000 - Walmart 10,000- lowes 12,000 - Kay jewelers 7,500 - Amex Zync NPSL - CarCare One 500
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Best way to PIF?

You can let the charges build and PIF days before the next statement  generate. 

Message 2 of 4
tpatterson2k9
Regular Contributor

@DI wrote:

On that note, does that mean a person could charge a CC from 0% to 80% util, for example, and as long as it is paid down below 10% before the next statement is cut, then the high 80% util won't be reported?

Starting Scores (lender pull 3/27/10): 759 (EQ), 752 (TU), 749 (EX)
Current Scores (myFICO 4/4/11): 768 (EQ)
Goal Scores: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 4
DI
Super Contributor

@tpatterson2k9 wrote:

@DI wrote:

On that note, does that mean a person could charge a CC from 0% to 80% util, for example, and as long as it is paid down below 10% before the next statement is cut, then the high 80% util won't be reported?

Exactly!!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.