cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to Recon Citi Diamond Preferred?

tag
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Best way to Recon Citi Diamond Preferred?

I am the same as you. Many new accounts, but utilisation at one or two percent, and still got declined for too many new accounts by Barclays.

Message 11 of 15
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
So...
I took the plunge and apped for CDP recently. I got denied due to "too many recently opened accounts"
They pulled EQ. My score is like 700+. I've only opened Chase, Discover, and Amex in the past few months just to continue my transition in my credit journey to have "prime" accounts. Most of the success I've seen on the internet is with writing the Exec Office, which seems like a hassle, or getting an old lady to recon me. I was told to wait until I get the letter, which I've yet to receive. Lol... I feel like I could prob get somewhere without the letter though.

So what should I do? I feel dumb for gettin denied esp. since Ive busted my azzzz to get my fico this high and keep all of my stats in line. Surely, someone over at Citi gets that having a Citi card is better than have a Crapital1 card or "Orchard Bank" LOL?

I mean.... Get real Citi; I have a $10,500 Amex for God's sake!!!!!

Ideas? Thoughts? Lol

Citi gave me the Diamond Preferred card when I apped earlier this year. They gave me a $3000 CL.  After 6 months and no auto CLI, I called and asked for a CLI.  I was denied. The reason? Too much available unused credit from OTHER cards. If you look in my signature below, you will notice that one card is a way lower CL than everyone else, and that is Citi. I would not throw your high CL's on other cards out there as a reason, becuase that is the reason they denied me.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 12 of 15
Imua
Frequent Contributor

Lol denied reconsideration! Ugh! Too many accounts opened but I havent even used any of those stupid credit lines!!!

maybe the recon denial was because of the too many accts AND the unused CLs?

like: why does he want a new cc when he doesn't use what's available to him now?

Message 13 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Well... Do yall think if I offered to close a few accounts that they may approve me? I'm willing to close like Chevron and Amazon I think. That'd free up like $4500 of credit that they could extend me.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 15
AF_23
Frequent Contributor

Well... Do yall think if I offered to close a few accounts that they may approve me? I'm willing to close like Chevron and Amazon I think. That'd free up like $4500 of credit that they could extend me.

I dont think closing subprime cards is gonna make a difference to them. They hate INQs which would make sense as to why they also dislike new accounts with large tradelines like that regardless of your score. Citi really should be apped first in an app spree. 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.