Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to apply for Chase CC

tag
cobbson
Regular Contributor

Best way to apply for Chase CC

I have held a Chase Slate card for the past two months. Am planning to apply for the Chase Freedom this coming September after my last HP is six months old. I will have a total of 2 HP under one year old this September. I have 3 HP as of today, but one is dropping off in June. My question is, should I wait for a pre-approval should one come between now and September? If a pre-approved offer doesn't happen or even if it does, would I be better off applying on-line in September or visiting a branch as far as my limit would be concerned? The nearest branch is in walking distance from my home. I've had good luck face-to-face with USBank and wondered what would be the best alternative with Chase. Other than the Slate card I have no other business relationship with Chase. Any guidance would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Chris679
Established Contributor

Re: Best way to apply for Chase CC

I would (did) PC the Slate to Freedom rather than do a new app. Slate has no rewards so why not keep the history and get the best of both worlds? They may put up a fight but they will give in eventually.
Message 2 of 4
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Impossible to say.  I didn't rely on preapprovals (which don't really mean much) for any of my 4 Chase cards.

@cobbson wrote:

would I be better off applying on-line in September or visiting a branch as far as my limit would be concerned?

Doesn't really matter as it doesn't change your credit or income.  Offers may differ and you may have a preference for dealing with a person or avoiding dealing with a person with appyling that may make one option better than the other for you.

Message 3 of 4
cobbson
Regular Contributor

Thanks for all your food for thought.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.