Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to get AU account removed?

tag
IWOL
Established Contributor

Best way to get AU account removed?

I had my sister add me as an AU to her Amex gold charge card in May of 2013. I had her add me with the hopes that I could get the card backdated to my 2009 Member since date from my corporate card.

I was able to get AMEX to change the memeber since date but it has never been reflected in the credit reporting. Now this card is hurting me, more than helping. Its showing as a new account opened in May 2013 and it also reports a balance every month since it is a charge card.

Im aware that most of the FICO models dont count the balance in scoring except for the TU 98 on here but what about the debt to income ratio?

The card recently reported the balance at 23K. I had requested a credit limit increase on my Amazon card and it was denied. Letter listed escalating debt as the first denial reason. My util without the AMEX was at 30% so I was wondering if the AMEX is causing that denial.

Im going to have my sister remove me. Should I dispute with the CB's as not mine or write a letter stating that I am no longer an AU and woudl like this account removed form my CR?

Any insight on this is much appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
cottontop
Contributor

Re: Best way to get AU account removed?

Simply have her SM or call Amex to delete you as AU, then dispute the account as not yours a couple days later.  It will be gone within 30 days.

Chase Unlimited 53k, us bank reserve 14k, nfcu flagship 32k, nfcu 15k cloc, discover 23.9k, citi 29k, 27.5k, GM 7.5k, Venmo 20k, penfed 15k, apple 8.5k,
Biz. Ink 10k, 35k, 20k, 5k. Us bank 9k, GM 29k
Message 2 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Just to add, ACMs do not backdate on CBs only the primary cardholder.
Message 3 of 5
IWOL
Established Contributor

Thanks Lexie. I have read on some other boards people that claimed they were able to get the AU backdated and that it was reflected on their reports, but maybe there was a time when that was possible.

AMEX did change my member since date to 2009 and sent me out a new card with 2009 date .

Now that I have that record in the system, I wonder if they will backdate a new card that I apply for as the primary to 2009. What do you think?

Message 4 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Amex did allow ACMs to be backdated but I will assume due to abuse - they stopped that feature.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.