Valued Contributor

Re: Best way to get Citi Dividend World Elite Mastercard

@bribro wrote:

@PokemonMaster wrote:

@L-TWT wrote:

@PokemonMaster wrote:

@L-TWT wrote:

@SwiftTone wrote:
My goal this year is to get a World Elite Mastercard. I've read that the Citi Dividend Platinum Select is the best option as far as benefits to fees ratio. I've search high and low and only found discussions on converting existing Citi Dividend Mastercards and World Mastercards to the World Elite Mastercard version. I couldn't find any info on applying directly for the World Elite Mastercard versionI have a couple questions regarding this card. On Citi's website, I can only find this card in the Visa version. I did find an application through Google where it's for the Mastercard version(even says in the terms and conditions on the application page). If I were to apply through the application found on Google, would I be getting the Mastercard version? Also, is there a way to just straight up apply for the World Elite Mastercard version? I'd like to save the trouble of going from MC/WMC to WEMC if I can. Does this card still have lounge access? This would be the most important benefit. Is this card still offered with EMV? Thanks all!

By the looks of your Signature/CC portfolio, you currently do not have a Dividend card. If that is so, there is no way to directly apply for the WE MC version, B/C Citi is only offering Visa/Visa Signature to new card members. And regarding lounge access, yes it is still offered; but not "Priority Pass Select". In late 2011 to early 2012 they switched to "Lounge First" airport loung access which IMO SUCKS! Lastly, EMV (i.e, Global Chip) is currently offered on all Citi cards, expect AMEX products.

Old post, I know. But is lounge access still through Lounge First? The only documentation I can find online states it's through Priority Pass. Just wondering if they switched back or not....

Now, Lounge First was switched to "Airport Angel Lounge Access". I have not tired it yet, so I do not know if its any good or not!

Seems very lackluster. That's disappointing. I wish Citi would have just stuck with the tried and proven Priority Pass.

Airport Angel is probably the worst lounge program out there. And you have to pay for individual passes.

If people really want airport lounge access, be prepared to get a card where it is included as a full and explicit benefit. Don't expect to get lounge access as part of a card with no (or extremely low) AF, etc.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 21 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh, the account manager did informed me it takes one year of account history before Citi would consider a product change.
Message 22 of 23
bluediamond63
Valued Member

I called the one backdoor number for citi today and told the lady I'd like to upgrade my Dividend World MC to a World Elite MC beacuse I'll be doing some overseas travel next year and it comes with extra benefits I could use. She looked up the benefits and said there only was a few extra benefits from what I currently had and I told her anything extra I could get would be of help to me. So she put in for the upgrade, asked to confirm that's what I wanted to do and I said yes. She said my acount number would not change and I should recieve my card in about 11 business days. I told her that I wanted an EMV chip for it and she said that it will come with one. Hopefully then I'll recieve the version with the silver MC logo on it. I checked my account online after I got off the phone with her and it already says World Elite.

Background: have had the card since 2005, it's been a World MC for years, have a $11,600 revolving CL, charge a decent amount of stuff on card but have been carrying a balance on it for the past couple years currently a $1500 balance, but I always pay way more than the minimum payment and make a couple payments a month.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.