Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Best way to get a CLI: by phone or by LUV button?

In you guys' experience, did you have better results clicking online for a CLI request or calling them in person?
Super Contributor
marty56

Re: Best way to get a CLI: by phone or by LUV button?

I would call first.  There may be a reason that you wont qqualify for the CLI that the CSR can check without a inq in your CR.  For example:  Age of the account, date of last CLI, late payment.
11/28/2014 FICO: EQ: 796 EX:788 TU:803
Valued Contributor
netpanther

It depends, but I usually call. Reason being, is that sometimes you may not qualify and they will let you know if they think you won't, or suggest a lower amount, or let you know that now may not be the best time and what would be the best time to try again.
Super Contributor
MidnightVoice

I have always called.  I can sometimes get a feel for what is happening with the better cards that way
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Valued Contributor
netpanther

MidnightVoice wrote:
I have always called.  I can sometimes get a feel for what is happening with the better cards that way

Right. Also, you may be approved, but they might suggest that they feel like you would be approved for a 2500 increase rather than a 5K increase. So they tend to be able to tell you what is more likely to be approved beforehand even if it is going to be a soft inq.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}