Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to go about Chase Ritz CL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best way to go about Chase Ritz CL

yeah i got the highest APR (i was like 20)

weird thing is i just got the marriott for the $5k minimum but the highest APR AGAIN!!! and my EX (what they pulled) has a fico 08 of 694. it's not good but i didn't think it would be "worst APR" category. chase is the only ONLY lender that has me in the 20%+ range for APRs lol.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

weird thing is i just got the marriott for the $5k minimum but the highest APR AGAIN!!! and my EX (what they pulled) has a fico 08 of 694. it's not good but i didn't think it would be "worst APR" category. chase is the only ONLY lender that has me in the 20%+ range for APRs lol.

I am in the same boat, 20.24%. 

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

ridiculous. why offer "nice" cards that take a decent profile to get but yet want to tack on such a crazy APR. not that you should carry a balance but still. maybe it's to encourage you not to? idk
Message 13 of 20
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

oh no... but I am sure if I had done my apps with an APR range on these cards I would have been in that bucket again too...  The funniest thing I had with Chase was when I tried to do a CLI on my Freedom and with a double pull EX/EQ I got 500$ ... I was so mad that I immediately applied for a new card and tried if the rumors were true that you would have more success with a new card than a CLI and guess what I got like this -  16K !   Then I moved 1K over to Freedom and had my 5K limit that I needed to convert to a siggy.

Message 14 of 20
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
ridiculous. why offer "nice" cards that take a decent profile to get but yet want to tack on such a crazy APR. not that you should carry a balance but still. maybe it's to encourage you not to? idk

Somebody has to pay for the nice rewards...but please hopefully not MyFico members Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
if after the 6-7th statement comes you don't get luvin then i would transfer limits some. i have see if it doesn't happen after 6 months or so it's unlikely to

What is this based on?  Let's be careful on predicting something that is not the case.  As with anything, every situation/outcome will vary and MF represents a very tiny fraction of Chase cardholders to be representative of actual results, especially on the CLI front.   This forum, while popular, isn't really an authoritative source though.

Message 16 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello, I have a Chase Ritz with a 10k limit. The first statement posted about February 10th for 6.5k. I paid it off the 12th, the due date was the 6th of March. The balance is currently at 7k and I will be paying that off on the 4th. My question is,

Would 50%+ use of the limit and pay off and then up to over 50% and pay off again in the same month make auto luv likely? I know this is cannot be given a definitive answer but just wondering if there are any signs of similar behavior causing auto cli.

I was just approved for 9k for Marriott and can send over 4k since that card would not need more than a 5k limit for me but that would make it unlikely I would be able to go over 50% and pay off twice in a month.

IME, Chase has been generous and there are others who have reported similar outcomes.  That being said, your results will vary.

My CSP received an auto-CLI a few months back to $26,500 - there was heavy usage (high income and expenditures).  Within the same timeframe, I requested a CLI on my Ritz CC (approved back in December 2014 eventually received an auto-CLI to $20,000); the CLI (via HP) was approved to $40,000 (I posted my results on approvals a while back).  And, yes I use the Ritz CC quite a bit Smiley Wink

I think if you stay at Ritz/Marriott properties quite a bit + to retain Gold Status ($10K annual spend on Ritz CC) it can be valuable.  Otherwise, there would be no need to focus on the Ritz CC if you're missing out on other rewards.  Besides, if your profile supports it, you can request a CLI via HP - always an option.

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

well, i was pretty diligent in my response and made certain to say "unlikely" as to prevent from giving an incorrect, definitive answer.
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had a Freedom for many years that transferred over from some old card that I had no idea what it was or what I was doing. In there somewhere was the 2009-ish bad times and there was CLD, there's a 29% interest rate, etc. I'm definitely in a bucket with that card and have lowered the CL further myself to $1000 donating the CL elsewhere. 

I got my RC and Hyatt on one pull late last July. RC $20k instant, Hyatt $5k on recon by moving CL. I assumed I'd never ever get an auto CLI from Chase again but when I was talking to the CSR about moving CL for the Hyatt there was an extra $1k on my Amazon (I'd had for about 2 years). I hadn't seen it and was pretty into credit by then so I almost wonder if it popped up immediately after me updating income with the new apps (wasn't near a statement or anything). 

Again, I assumed no auto CLI ever, but I got $1.5k on my Hyatt in about September. 3 stays at Hyatts and some restaurant spend on those trips were my only charges (at the time, and since). Nothing since on any Chase. 

Message 19 of 20
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Would 50%+ use of the limit and pay off and then up to over 50% and pay off again in the same month make auto luv likely? I know this is cannot be given a definitive answer but just wondering if there are any signs of similar behavior causing auto cli.

It is not just a matter of usage.  It is not just a matter of the account itself.

With any creditor, CLI's are determined based on what your entire creditor profile and your income qualify for.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.