Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to pay only once a month

tag
dabossman
Contributor

Best way to pay only once a month

What's the most efficient way to switch all my days my statements close so I can just pay all but one off every month on the same day. Instead of right now where I have 4 close around 17-19 2 around the 24-27. And 1 that closes on the 6th of the months.

Just login and talk to some reps and try and get all my statement closing dates to the 20th?

Cards in siggy
Mouse over for Limits, Sorted Oldest to Newest
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
aubie1kenobie2
Frequent Contributor

Re: Best way to pay only once a month

I've done that with Citi and they agreed to move my date. They only let me pick either first half or 2nd half of the month though and not a specific date.

Starting Score: No credit history in July 2013, 663 in August (lender pulled)
Current Score: 773 (Discover FICO), 749 (DCU EQ)
Ultimate goal: Buy a house in 2016!
Message 2 of 4
NoNonsense
Established Member

Getting all the due days in a cluster is best.  However, I am making an exception to that rule, separaing my Walmart and Discover cards so I get a different, brand new FICO every two weeks.  But, I think your idea should be the general rule.

Message 3 of 4
Chris679
Established Contributor

I set the due date on all for the 27th. This puts the statement date right around the 31st or 1st. I love the idea of staggering the FICO scores but Walmart closed my account due to inactivity. For whatever reason I can still log in and get a new FICO each month so I don't want to rock the boat.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.