Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to redeem Citi Premier points?

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Best way to redeem Citi Premier points?

What doy ou think is the best way to redeem points? I am just curious, I would like to use them for airfare probably

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: Best way to redeem Citi Premier points?

I hear TYP are best used booking travel or traveling to partners.
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 2 of 13
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Well I would like to use them for airfare, maybe a Europe trip next year, but Im not sure which partner would be the best to transfer them to

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xgac12x wrote:

Well I would like to use them for airfare, maybe a Europe trip next year, but Im not sure which partner would be the best to transfer them to

The best valie is to transfer them to American Airlines

Message 4 of 13
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@xgac12x wrote:

OP, what I think irish means is use them to book AA flights for the most value to go to Europe Smiley Wink ...as of right now AA is not a TY partner Smiley Sad

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@xgac12x wrote:

OP, what I think irish means is use them to book AA flights for the most value to go to Europe Smiley Wink ...as of right now AA is not a TY partner Smiley Sad

Heh, exactly what I meant :-). Thanks for the correction.  Wishful thinking on my part :-)

Message 6 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

With the thank you PREMIER card there is NO enhanced value with american airlines. That is a prestige ONLY benefit. 

When you find out the dates of your trip, start looking on the airline websites for how much it would cost in points on those programs. 

Alternatively, with the PREMIER card, points are worth 1.25 cents per point when redeemed for travel through the thankyou portal. Depending on how any points you have, and your dates of travel/availability,  your options may be great. 

I know you can do US to europe on singapore in first class for 62.5k each way, if you can find availability. 

Etihad is also a partner of AirBerlin which can get you to europe, on a distance based award chart. 

My only thing is search routes/availability BEFORE you transfer. 

Message 7 of 13
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

With the thank you PREMIER card there is NO enhanced value with american airlines. That is a prestige ONLY benefit. 

When you find out the dates of your trip, start looking on the airline websites for how much it would cost in points on those programs. 

Alternatively, with the PREMIER card, points are worth 1.25 cents per point when redeemed for travel through the thankyou portal. Depending on how any points you have, and your dates of travel/availability,  your options may be great. 

I know you can do US to europe on singapore in first class for 62.5k each way, if you can find availability. 

Etihad is also a partner of AirBerlin which can get you to europe, on a distance based award chart. 

ETA: Liquor has me seeing things...

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 8 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

It's 1.33 with premier on aa, 1.25 for others...just saying

Doesn't say that ANYWHERE on the website. 

Prestige redeems at 1.6 for AA, and 1.33 for ALL OTHER travel costs

@Premier redeems @ 1.25 for all travel

Message 9 of 13
xgac12x
Established Contributor

I will definitely figure out the dates and where I am flying to before hand. Then probably jump on here and get advice haha
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.