Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to request Chase Freedom CLI?

tag
Involus
Regular Contributor

Best way to request Chase Freedom CLI?

Title basically says it all. What is the best way to request a Freedom CLI from Chase? Secure message, number on card, backdoor number? What have you had the best success with?

A bit of information:

I've been with Chase for almost a year, held a balance for a bit when I was going through a rough patch but I PIF all the time now and have never missed a payment or been late and have no baddies.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best way to request Chase Freedom CLI?

I initiated mine through secure messaging - they weren't willing to give a lot and HP'd anyway. I called the backdoor recon line and was able to get the CLI I asked for.

Message 2 of 13
ShiningDown
Frequent Contributor

Chase told me they review accounts every six months starting in Feb..  That's what they sent in my secure message when I asked for a apr reduction a while back.  

I was at 11.99 and they said no.   

Message 3 of 13
RonDawg
Contributor

What I have found is if you Request a CLI they will do a Hard Pull on your credit.  They are little on the pinchy side when it comes to CLI on the Freedom at least when it comes to me.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 4 of 13
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

I want to wait and see how an auto CLI works. But that's just me. LOL.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 5 of 13
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Earlier this month, A CS rep for Freedom told me that they no longer do auto CLI (supposedly stopped around March of this year).

However, there have been recent posts where people have gotten auto CLI's....so YMMV.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 6 of 13
CS800
Super Contributor

I called an had to take a HP for this one a while back. There was no way around at least in my case

Message 7 of 13
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

I had my Chase Slate increased from $750 to $4000 back in March. I called the backdoor number and talked to a rep that I had dealt with before. Told her that my Discover that I was approved for was at $3500, and since the Slate had a low limit, and low rewards, I had no use for it unless she gave me a higher CL. She asked how much, I told her $3500-$4000. She called me back the next day and approved it.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 8 of 13
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@frugalQ wrote:
Earlier this month, A CS rep for Freedom told me that they no longer do auto CLI (supposedly stopped around March of this year).

However, there have been recent posts where people have gotten auto CLI's....so YMMV.

Oh no?  I've seen a few auto CLIs from Chase. Maybe they base it on account usage?

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 9 of 13
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

I doubt it is account usage because I use mine heavily. Maybe it's the age of the card... I've only had mine for 6 months. IDK

I received a Discover auto CLI after my 4th statement. It went from 5k to 6.5k.

Since I am not willing to give up an inquiry for a CLI, I'm using Freedom as a BT card for now...will use next year for 5% categories.
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.