Regular Contributor

Best way to request Chase Freedom CLI?

[ Edited ]

Title basically says it all. What is the best way to request a Freedom CLI from Chase? Secure message, number on card, backdoor number? What have you had the best success with?

A bit of information:

I've been with Chase for almost a year, held a balance for a bit when I was going through a rough patch but I PIF all the time now and have never missed a payment or been late and have no baddies.

Starting: 563 | Current: 753 (Walmart TU 11/12) | Goal: 800 | Garden since: 01/15/2013

Frequent Contributor

Re: Best way to request Chase Freedom CLI?

I initiated mine through secure messaging - they weren't willing to give a lot and HP'd anyway. I called the backdoor recon line and was able to get the CLI I asked for.

In my wallet: Amex PRG & Zync, Amex BCE (19.2k), Chase Freedom (5k), PSECU Visa/PSL (20k)
Current Scores: Equifax: 738 (Fako) TransUnion: 721 (Fico) Experian: 717 (Fico)
Disclaimer: I am by no means a financial advisor. My posts are based on opinion, experience, and/or knowledge.
Frequent Contributor

Chase told me they review accounts every six months starting in Feb..  That's what they sent in my secure message when I asked for a apr reduction a while back.  

I was at 11.99 and they said no.   

Contributor

What I have found is if you Request a CLI they will do a Hard Pull on your credit.  They are little on the pinchy side when it comes to CLI on the Freedom at least when it comes to me.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Valued Contributor

I want to wait and see how an auto CLI works. But that's just me. LOL.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)

Established Contributor

Earlier this month, A CS rep for Freedom told me that they no longer do auto CLI (supposedly stopped around March of this year).

However, there have been recent posts where people have gotten auto CLI's....so YMMV.
Capital One QuickSilver 5K - AmEx Green NPSL - Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K - Amex BCP 16K - Chase Freedom 4.5K - Discover IT 7.5K - LOC 2.5K
Super Contributor

I called an had to take a HP for this one a while back. There was no way around at least in my case

Established Contributor

I had my Chase Slate increased from $750 to $4000 back in March. I called the backdoor number and talked to a rep that I had dealt with before. Told her that my Discover that I was approved for was at $3500, and since the Slate had a low limit, and low rewards, I had no use for it unless she gave me a higher CL. She asked how much, I told her $3500-$4000. She called me back the next day and approved it.

BCE: $0/$11,200, CSP: $0/$6500, Chase Priority Club: $0/$3500, Freedom: $0/$6000, Barclays NFL: $0/$7000 Discover: $0/$12,500, Citi Dividend: $0/$3500

EQ FICO - 728
TU FICO - 734
EX FICO(AMEX) - 712
Valued Contributor

frugalQ wrote:
Earlier this month, A CS rep for Freedom told me that they no longer do auto CLI (supposedly stopped around March of this year).

However, there have been recent posts where people have gotten auto CLI's....so YMMV.

Oh no?  I've seen a few auto CLIs from Chase. Maybe they base it on account usage?

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)

Established Contributor

I doubt it is account usage because I use mine heavily. Maybe it's the age of the card... I've only had mine for 6 months. IDK

I received a Discover auto CLI after my 4th statement. It went from 5k to 6.5k.

Since I am not willing to give up an inquiry for a CLI, I'm using Freedom as a BT card for now...will use next year for 5% categories.
Capital One QuickSilver 5K - AmEx Green NPSL - Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K - Amex BCP 16K - Chase Freedom 4.5K - Discover IT 7.5K - LOC 2.5K

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions based on Experian or Equifax data (additional FICO® Score versions based on TransUnion data are not currently available on myFICO.com). Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.