Reply
Contributor
Posts: 236
Registered: ‎01-20-2013
0

Best welcome bonus new application offers?

What are some of the best/highest welcome bonus points/cash back offers for spending a certain amount after opening a new account. 

 

Could use the extra cash especially since I spend around 5K in cash every two months.

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
New Contributor
Posts: 103
Registered: ‎02-19-2013
0

Re: Best welcome bonus new application offers?

Take a look at Chase - they have some of the highest signup bonuses around. Chase Sapphire Preferred is offering 40K points ($400) for spending $3000 in the first 3 months. Some of their Ink business cards have 50K point bonuses for spending $5000 in the first 3 months.

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,179
Registered: ‎01-09-2012
0

Re: Best welcome bonus new application offers?


CreditAce wrote:

Take a look at Chase - they have some of the highest signup bonuses around. Chase Sapphire Preferred is offering 40K points ($400) for spending $3000 in the first 3 months. Some of their Ink business cards have 50K point bonuses for spending $5000 in the first 3 months.


if you sign up at the branch the CSP bonus is 40k points for $2k spend 


In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
Regular Contributor
Posts: 202
Registered: ‎02-20-2013
0

Re: Best welcome bonus new application offers?

[ Edited ]

AmEx Blue Cash Prefereed $250 after spending $1000 if you use cardmatch on creditcard dot com. ($150 normally)


Contributor
Posts: 236
Registered: ‎01-20-2013
0

Re: Best welcome bonus new application offers?

Thanks for all the suggestions. 

 

 

I was thinking about applying for the Priority Club Select Visa from Chase. It has welcome offer of 60,000 bonus points after spending $1000 in three Months.

 

my question is is that 60,000 able to be redeemed as a statement credit of $600 or as check sent out to me for $600 after I get those points? 

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Regular Contributor
Posts: 140
Registered: ‎09-27-2011
0

Re: Best welcome bonus new application offers?

Second on Chase. They have greatest bonus. Can be as crzay as points plus statement creadit. Reserach is needed.

Established Contributor
Posts: 869
Registered: ‎07-04-2012
0

Re: Best welcome bonus new application offers?

Use the card match app in credit cards com and you will get the Bcp 250 cash back and prg 50k points bonus both for spending 1k.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Contributor
Posts: 236
Registered: ‎01-20-2013
0

Re: Best welcome bonus new application offers?


CruzImperial wrote:
Use the card match app in credit cards com and you will get the Bcp 250 cash back and prg 50k points bonus both for spending 1k.

Yes, but can they be used towards statement credit or cash back check? I rarely use the points to buy airline tickets/hotels, etc. I would prefer statement credit or cash back check mailed to me.

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
New Contributor
Posts: 103
Registered: ‎02-19-2013
0

Re: Best welcome bonus new application offers?


Bobert22 wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions. 

 

 

I was thinking about applying for the Priority Club Select Visa from Chase. It has welcome offer of 60,000 bonus points after spending $1000 in three Months.

 

my question is is that 60,000 able to be redeemed as a statement credit of $600 or as check sent out to me for $600 after I get those points? 


No, the Priority Club Visa is a cobranded card between Chase and ICH (the parent company of Holiday Inn). Those points are not UR points but rather Priority Club points that can be used to redeem free nights at ICH hotels. Even if you could redeem them for cash back they are not worth very much, certainly not 1 cent/point.

Contributor
Posts: 236
Registered: ‎01-20-2013
0

Re: Best welcome bonus new application offers?

[ Edited ]

CreditAce wrote:

Bobert22 wrote:

Thanks for all the suggestions. 

 

 

I was thinking about applying for the Priority Club Select Visa from Chase. It has welcome offer of 60,000 bonus points after spending $1000 in three Months.

 

my question is is that 60,000 able to be redeemed as a statement credit of $600 or as check sent out to me for $600 after I get those points? 


No, the Priority Club Visa is a cobranded card between Chase and ICH (the parent company of Holiday Inn). Those points are not UR points but rather Priority Club points that can be used to redeem free nights at ICH hotels. Even if you could redeem them for cash back they are not worth very much, certainly not 1 cent/point.


Ah ok! Thanks! 

 

So what about the AMEX PRG 50K bonus points? Would that be possible for statement credit/cashback?

Capital One 2006--$5,000 ||| AMEX Macy's 2008--$2,300 ||| Kohl's 2009-- $1,000 ||| JCP 2010-- $1,000 ||| Walmart Discover 2010-- $5,000 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,600 ||| Sears 2011 -- $3,500 ||| Chase Freedom 2012--$7,500 ||| Discover IT 2013 -- $4,000
||| Chase Sapphire Preferred 2013 -- $10,000

SCORES: EQ FICO: 787, EX FAKO: 801, TU FICO: 790 (Lender Pull)
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.