Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BestBuy CC Score

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

BestBuy CC Score

A friend wats to get a BestBuy CC what score do you need? EQ is 632.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Re: BestBuy CC Score

Remember, they're issued through Capitol One now, so tell your friend not to get their hopes up.  Who knows what score works for them now, I haven't seen much of a sampling here or elsewhere yet.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 2 of 9
Tommy5746
Regular Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

A friend wats to get a BestBuy CC what score do you need? EQ is 632.

There are far better credit cards than best buy... Try for a revolver elsewhere... Cap one pulls all three bureaus when you apply.. Which is kinda harsh considering its just a  best buy card

Goal: 700 and an Amex Card!

Chicks Dig Guys With Good Credit Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 9
stevenngu92
Contributor

If he's trying for a store card, he should wait until his score goes up a bit. I got approved for one a while back and it was plan b which means a low cl ( 800 max ) i think and no cli's. If he's going for the actual credit card, I think it's best if he looks for another card as the bestbuy credit card isn't that good at all.

Amazon Store Card ($6000) Amex BCE ($10000) Amex PRG (NPSL) BofA Better Balance Rewards ($3000) Best Buy Store Card ($5000) Chase Freedom ($2500) Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7900) Citi Prestige ($5000) Discover It ($10500) Walmart Discover ($6000) Wells Fargo CB ($4700)
Message 4 of 9
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

where is the 632 from? scorewatch trial?  or elsewhere. 

honestly with the af its not that great of a deal. 

i would tell him to app for a walmart. plus he gets free fico 08 everymonth and they are great on cli from what i hear. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 5 of 9
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

I have a plan b card never paid intrest on and my limit is 1940 got it back in 2010 it is the non rewardzone version i guess the ones they give out now have rewardzone for the store card

Message 6 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Odds are your friend will get plan B card with that score, and 3 HP's Smiley Sad

I would pass on it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 9
Mike360
Frequent Contributor

With that score don't hope for much. If he's lucky he'll get a low limit mastercard version with a AF. I don't think CapOne pulls all 3 for the best buy store card. I know HSBC pulled only 1 when they had it and i haven't heard that it's changed since capone took over. It's not a bad card. Pretty sure those that are saying it's bad is because they have a low limit and high AF version

Message 8 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Mike360 wrote:

With that score don't hope for much. If he's lucky he'll get a low limit mastercard version with a AF. I don't think CapOne pulls all 3 for the best buy store card. I know HSBC pulled only 1 when they had it and i haven't heard that it's changed since capone took over. It's not a bad card. Pretty sure those that are saying it's bad is because they have a low limit and high AF version

Not saying the BB card is bad at all, I have the store card and luv the financing options!! However, I would be mad if I got the low limit MC. Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.