Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BestBuy MC Rewards now citi

tag
C-k
New Visitor
New Visitor

Re: BestBuy MC Rewards now citi

My family was in the process of purchasing a home and this bank change caused my credit score to jump from being able to go conventional to FHA. They provided me a letter stating that the card was not actually closed as it appeared on my report. I complained that this letter is not getting me an exception with lending. I have further complained that Best Buy is powerless to help in this matter and am waiting 10 to 14 days for a response. I will have me home purchased and be paying 200 more per month until I pay to refinance in a conventional loan. Best Buy is horrible.
Message 11 of 13
navyox
Regular Contributor

@C-k wrote:
My family was in the process of purchasing a home and this bank change caused my credit score to jump from being able to go conventional to FHA. They provided me a letter stating that the card was not actually closed as it appeared on my report. I complained that this letter is not getting me an exception with lending. I have further complained that Best Buy is powerless to help in this matter and am waiting 10 to 14 days for a response. I will have me home purchased and be paying 200 more per month until I pay to refinance in a conventional loan. Best Buy is horrible.

Your situation is awful, but how is it Best Buy's fault?   Card portfolios and loans got bought and sold as normal business, to me it seems the issue is with mortgage lenders that are apparently incapable of accounting for it.

Starting Score: 676 CK 5/13. Current: 717 EX 6/15 -- Last App: 6/2014
Message 12 of 13
john08135i

I hate BB.. i got a card years ago.. ive used it many times but with $300CL its worthless even in their own store..ive asked for CLI many time even in store ready to buy a $1400 tv.. denied so i ordered the TV off amazon that night and paid off the 0% amazon in 8 months.. and now i have a CLOSED BB card on my credit report and a new card.. I do nto have many old credit lines so its hurting my score.. i only kept it open to add to my credit age.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.