Frequent Contributor

BestBuy MC Rewards now citi

I was logging into my BBMC Rewards card and noticed the following in the log in screen:

Important Account Notice
Beginning September 6, 2013 your Reward Zone MasterCard will be owned by Citibank, N.A.. From September 5 - 9, this website will be available for viewing account information only. Account management features including online payments, emergency card replacements, update contact information etc. will be unavailable during this period. As of September 9 you will need to register your account through Citibank, N.A. to continue managing your account online.

Is this just the BestBuy MC card or also Best Buy? I hope this is good, because my card was never going to grow being backed by capital one.
My current scores: MyFico- EQ: 8/13- (648), 8/13- EX (637), Wally TU (666)

Prime cards in my wallet: Citi Thank You (1500), Amex TE (1200), Amex Zync.
New Contributor

Re: BestBuy MC Rewards now citi

halos24 wrote:
I was logging into my BBMC Rewards card and noticed the following in the log in screen:

Important Account Notice
Beginning September 6, 2013 your Reward Zone MasterCard will be owned by Citibank, N.A.. From September 5 - 9, this website will be available for viewing account information only. Account management features including online payments, emergency card replacements, update contact information etc. will be unavailable during this period. As of September 9 you will need to register your account through Citibank, N.A. to continue managing your account online.

Is this just the BestBuy MC card or also Best Buy? I hope this is good, because my card was never going to grow being backed by capital one.

I believe its only the MC, I have the regular store card and I don't get any notices concerning the switch to Citi

Chase Freedom: $5000, CSP: $12800 Chase Hyatt: $5000, Amazon Visa: $500, Amex BCE: $23200, Discover IT: $3600, Walmart Disc: $7500, BOA Cash $5000, Best Buy: $3500
Frequent Contributor

I guess the MC is the only one converting. My husband has the store card and nothing. But, looks like any new issues cards are backed by Citi.

Valued Contributor

most likely it's bc the one converting to citi is the one currently issued by cap one Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Valued Contributor

I don't have the card but I checked the store card site and it also has the notice. The cards are now now called My Best BuyTM MasterCard®  and My Best BuyTM Credit Card. The web site is http://bestbuy.accountonline.com/ and these accounts will be handled independently from Citicards CNBA. No PCing into Citicard products and no CL merges, etc. I know a lot of people were excited/hopeful that they could get in with Citi :/ New plastics to be issued in October.

Super Contributor

It didn't say my BB RZ MC will become Citicards next month. It looks thy have two different type of BBY cards. One is issued by Cap 1 and Citi.

Ron.
Valued Contributor

Ron1 wrote:
It didn't say my BB RZ MC will become Citicards next month. It looks thy have two different type of BBY cards. One is issued by Cap 1 and Citi.

Ron.

All Best Buy accounts owned by Capital One Financial are going to Citi Retail Services, a division of Citibank USA NA and not Citicards CBNA. The deal made no mention of exceptions or exclusions. The info is also posted on both sites for store and RZMC login.

Frequent Contributor

On my log in it said on September 9th I would have to re-register on the new site with Citi. I'm assuming they will be sending new cards.

Established Contributor

Capital One I hardly knew ye.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

talk about getting shoved around.

I wonder if the payment address will be the same?

my conoco changed from citi to ge as well this month.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Mastercard | JCP | Kohl's | Conoco | Bloomingdales | Shell | CareCredit | Firestone | Walmart | Academy Sports Visa | Macy's | Target | Amazon | Gap | Norstrom | PepBoys | Von Maur | Chevron |
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.