cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BestBuy Rewards Credit Card

tag
toadie69

BestBuy Rewards Credit Card

Hello, I opened a bestbuy rewards cc on 10/12 and made a purchase of $1,700. with No interest for 36mo.  My first payment was $400 .. and have made 4 payments of $100.

My question is. All that is recording on myfico is that it was opened in 10/12 doesn't show any payment history. When does Bestbuy normally report on my Score Watch?
Do I need to make a smaller payment when my statement comes out then pay more before due date, like most sugest on most credit cards?

Aslo my car payments are also way behind on reporting. Is there a trick to get these places to report on them monthly?

(PS. I haven't been late on either of these payments.)

Starting Score: EQ 666
Current Score: EQ 696 as of 8/8/13 704
Current Score: EX 688 as of 8//8/13 682

Goal Score: 725

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Pilotdude
Established Contributor

Re: BestBuy Rewards Credit Card

BB is cap one for right now (til Citi) takes control but mine has reported monthly within 24-72 hours of the statement closing dates. 

Pit did take them a couple billing cycles to get with the program though. 

Also Citi did just by them from Capone so maybe that has an effect

i'd just give em a call

NFCU #1 Fan!! NO MOAR APPS TIL 10/13 Minimum!!
TU -746, EX - 721, EQ -745
Cards:NFCU Flag Visa Sig $10000, CSP $8500, AMEX BCP $2000 Freedom $3500, Disc IT $5000, Cap 1 Green $2100, Credit 1 CLOSED! AU on Amex Green, Discover $2000, Cap One Plat $1000
Message 2 of 5
toadie69

My Cap One card (BestBuy) requires a $25. payment. Would it help if I made a payment of $24 and then when the payment is due pay the dollar or more? Isn't this what people say to do to get better results for your credit score?

Message 3 of 5
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@toadie69 wrote:

My Cap One card (BestBuy) requires a $25. payment. Would it help if I made a payment of $24 and then when the payment is due pay the dollar or more? Isn't this what people say to do to get better results for your credit score?

No, it will not help.

Your utilization is probably high due to the big purchase.   I suggest you wait it out and make use of the 0%. 

I am assuming it is deffered interest.   I suggest you pay the minimum payment right after it closes and make sure you have the funds to pay it off before it expires.   If you miss a payment or let it go past the deadline, you will be hit with all the back interest.   

Message 4 of 5
toadie69

@Wolf3 wrote:

@toadie69 wrote:

No, it will not help.

Your utilization is probably high due to the big purchase.   I suggest you wait it out and make use of the 0%. 

I am assuming it is deffered interest.   I suggest you pay the minimum payment right after it closes and make sure you have the funds to pay it off before it expires.   If you miss a payment or let it go past the deadline, you will be hit with all the back interest.   

Wolf3... Thank you for the reply. Yes I understand all the implications if I miss a payment or am late. My credit Limit on the card is $2,000. I will have left on the card after my next payment (Friday) of $800 and change.

Why do you think they are not reporting, is it cause the amount left on the account is still too high?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.