cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BestBuy Store Card - NO CLI after 6 months!!

tag
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

BestBuy Store Card - NO CLI after 6 months!!

I've had the Best Buy Store card since March08 with an initial CL of $1500 under their "Program A". At the 6 month mark now, I called and requested a CLI and was told that I'm not eligible. I've had no lates on any of my accounts and my EX Fico is 725.

Does anyone have any insight as to why they won't approve a CLI? I've read about many people that received substantial CLI's at the 6 month mark.
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BestBuy Store Card - NO CLI after 6 months!!

From what i've read, they are more likely to give you a cli if you threaten to close the account but YMMV.
Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

IT'S BECAUSE YOU'RE A SOX FAN.Smiley Very Happy
Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tell them you're a Yankee's fan and you'll get one Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 28
USC08
Frequent Contributor

What is "Program A?"

Message Edited by USC08 on 09-21-2008 11:04 AM
myFICO - EQ: 776 EX: 763 TU: 791
Message 5 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

redsox
Did they give a reason why you were not eligible? I was told as well that at the 6th month mark it will be auto gererated..If you called in and requested a CLI they probally did a hard pull.. and your EX score looks good enough to me (if thats what they pulled) . So there must be something else that stopped it like a F.A. or mabey they pulled from another CRA .
Please let us know what you find out. But again this is HSBC (yuck)...................................
Message 6 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

They gave me 2 CLI'S in 3 Months. Just call and tell them you're thinking about buying a flat screen and a lap top and don't want to max your card out. That what I did the day after getting approved for the card. I do a lot of shopping at Best Buy so they sort of know I'm gonna eventually make a big purchase.
Message 7 of 28
thebostonredsox
Regular Contributor

They didn't do a hard pull on me (I checked). They only said that "at this time your account is not eligible for an increase". I was thinking about trying it on-line, but I don't really want to risk a hard pull.
Message 8 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

They did a hard pull everytime I asked for a CLI. The last 1 didn't hit my reports for like 3 days. You might want to make sure before trying again.
Message 9 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Everything is expensive at BB. Why do people still go there? And Circuit City stinks too.....let alone try to give me a CC...
Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.