New Contributor
FicoHound007

BestBuy and Macy's CC

Does anyone know if Bestbuy or Macy's do a hard/soft pull for CLI? I was considering asking for it to lower util (currently at around 15%). But I would only consider it if it's a soft pull.

Any info would help. Thanks

Super Contributor
concorduser

Re: BestBuy and Macy's CC

Not sure about bestbuy, but Macy's you can ask them for CLI every 3 months and it is normally soft inq.
New Contributor
FicoHound007

maybe I should jump on the ball. This account has been opened for a few years now and never asked for CLI.

How generous are they with CLI? currently at $500 but it was opened when my gf was just starting to build her credit. She is now at 700+. Is she looking at $500 or maybe a few thousand?

Super Contributor
concorduser

FicoHound007 wrote:

maybe I should jump on the ball. This account has been opened for a few years now and never asked for CLI.

How generous are they with CLI? currently at $500 but it was opened when my gf was just starting to build her credit. She is now at 700+. Is she looking at $500 or maybe a few thousand?

I got my card Dec 2007 with $100 CL, now it stands at $3800CL. Hope this answers your question. You can call Macy's every 3 months and ask for CLI.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}