Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BestBuy and Macy's CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BestBuy and Macy's CC

Does anyone know if Bestbuy or Macy's do a hard/soft pull for CLI? I was considering asking for it to lower util (currently at around 15%). But I would only consider it if it's a soft pull.

Any info would help. Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: BestBuy and Macy's CC

Not sure about bestbuy, but Macy's you can ask them for CLI every 3 months and it is normally soft inq.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

maybe I should jump on the ball. This account has been opened for a few years now and never asked for CLI.

How generous are they with CLI? currently at $500 but it was opened when my gf was just starting to build her credit. She is now at 700+. Is she looking at $500 or maybe a few thousand?

Message 3 of 4
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

maybe I should jump on the ball. This account has been opened for a few years now and never asked for CLI.

How generous are they with CLI? currently at $500 but it was opened when my gf was just starting to build her credit. She is now at 700+. Is she looking at $500 or maybe a few thousand?

I got my card Dec 2007 with $100 CL, now it stands at $3800CL. Hope this answers your question. You can call Macy's every 3 months and ask for CLI.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.