Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bestbuy CC

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Bestbuy CC

I was looking to get a Bestbuy CC only thing is that it is a Citi card. I can't get a regular card with them. I have read a lot of people said that Citi and Citi group. I have conspired Citi card on Citi main website and Bestbuys and they say the same thing Citigroup, NA. Can some one shed some light on this for me? I have gotten a lot of Citi pre approvals and three for Home Depot.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Bestbuy CC

@corymcd88 wrote:

I was looking to get a Bestbuy CC only thing is that it is a Citi card. I can't get a regular card with them. I have read a lot of people said that Citi and Citi group. I have conspired Citi card on Citi main website and Bestbuys and they say the same thing Citigroup, NA. Can some one shed some light on this for me? I have gotten a lot of Citi pre approvals and three for Home Depot.

CitiBank is an arm of CitIGroup Holdings Inc. CitiFinancial is also an arm of CitiGroup Holdings Inc, the store card program(s) is run thru CitiFinancial. Approval with the financial arm and the bank are not interconnected. You could have stuffed the bank and still get approved by the other arm you just cant get mainline CitiBank cards.

Message 2 of 5
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

CitiBank is an arm of CitIGroup Holdings Inc. CitiFinancial is also an arm of CitiGroup Holdings Inc, the store card program(s) is run thru CitiFinancial. Approval with the financial arm and the bank are not interconnected. You could have stuffed the bank and still get approved by the other arm you just cant get mainline CitiBank cards.

What cards would fall under the other part of the bank not the mainline cards? Citi always told me no because of two four year old CO and one paid Collection also four years old all paid.

Message 3 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Anycard that you dont find on their website or at a CitiBank branch is issued by CitiFinancial... All gas cards are issued thru CitiFinancial. Home Depot goes thru CitiFinancial. The underwriting for the cards issued by CitiFinancial are all different, they are treated as sole & separate cards like GECRB cards are.

Message 4 of 5
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Anycard that you dont find on their website or at a CitiBank branch is issued by CitiFinancial... All gas cards are issued thru CitiFinancial. Home Depot goes thru CitiFinancial. The underwriting for the cards issued by CitiFinancial are all different, they are treated as sole & separate cards like GECRB cards are.

OK. Thanks.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.