Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better Citi TYP offer

tag
selena
Contributor

Better Citi TYP offer

I just opened a Citi TYP about 2 weeks ago with 0% APR for 15 months with a APR of 18.99% and today I recieved another offer for the same card but for the full 18 months with the lowest possible APR of 12.99%. Would that be considered a big difference? The account or the credit pull hasn't posted to either of my credit reports yet and I was wondering if it would even be worth it to try and get the better offer. I know that pre-selected offers are not set in stone and I'm still learning this credit thing so any advice??

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Better Citi TYP offer

@selena wrote:

I just opened a Citi TYP about 2 weeks ago with 0% APR for 15 months with a APR of 18.99% and today I recieved another offer for the same card but for the full 18 months with the lowest possible APR of 12.99%. Would that be considered a big difference? The account or the credit pull hasn't posted to either of my credit reports yet and I was wondering if it would even be worth it to try and get the better offer. I know that pre-selected offers are not set in stone and I'm still learning this credit thing so any advice??

Decent difference.

Message 2 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

Citi will not switch offers. They are very inflexible about that most of the time. You can however ask for an APR adjustment in the future.

The current account that you already have is going to report to the CRAs once the statement cuts, regardless of whether you close the account.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 3 of 7
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@enharu wrote:
Citi will not switch offers. They are very inflexible about that most of the time. You can however ask for an APR adjustment in the future.

The current account that you already have is going to report to the CRAs once the statement cuts, regardless of whether you close the account.

+1

Message 4 of 7
selena
Contributor

Oh ok thanks. I had even thought about apping for another card with hopes of getting a higher limit becasue I initially wanted to do a BT but that would probably be a waste of a HP.

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 5 of 7
enharu
Super Contributor

You can apply for another card. Citi has a 1 app per 8-10 days, 2 apps within a 65 day period policy. This includes rejections as well. Any additional apps within those timeframe will result in an automatic denial.

They may still approve you but they may not. It's really hard to tell depending on how much more credit citi wants to extend to you right now. If you give it a couple more months you probably will have a better shot.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 7
selena
Contributor

Ok thanks guess I will be waiting a couple of months.

As of March 2016:
Equifax 735
TransUnion 702
Experian 731
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.