Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better combo CSP+Freedom or CSP+FU?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Better combo CSP+Freedom or CSP+FU?

I recently got approved for a CSP card a few weeks ago and I would like to add another card to take advantage of UR points and maximize my earning potential. I'm only looking to add one card. Should I get the Freedom or the Freedom Unlimited? Thanks in advance, guys!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Better combo CSP+Freedom or CSP+FU?

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently got approved for a CSP card a few weeks ago and I would like to add another card to take advantage of UR points and maximize my earning potential. I'm only looking to add one card. Should I get the Freedom or the Freedom Unlimited? Thanks in advance, guys!

It's more or less impossible for us to know.   It depends on the 5% categories for Freedom, and whether you are able to use them heavily.   If you do, and your other uncategorized spend isn't big, the Freedom wins.   If you spend little in those categories, the FU will be better.   As we don't know the future Freedom categories though....

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Agree with the poster above. I currently hold a CSP and a freedom. During catogories I depending on my needs I can earn a ton back, for example during gas I earn around 10,000 points and restaurants I earned 15,000. That's 25,000 points for 6 months. I also hold a cap QS with 1.5 percent and it's mostly my daily driver and earn what is about 20 bucks a month so that's about 2000 UR points if I I had the freedom FU a month. If I got that freedom FU that would be 24,000 points a year. CSP is still used for travel and dining. Just really depends on your needs and what your spending habits are. But remember points are worth more with UR
Message 3 of 4
newhis
Valued Contributor

Some people go for both Freedom, that way you max UR points having 3 Chase cards.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.