slvrhwk
Regular Contributor

Re: Better offer in mail after being approved for BCP

@Anonymous wrote:

@slvrhwk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@slvrhwk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
No, not really. If you decide in the future the BCP isn't worth the AF in the future, you can always close/roll limit into BCE. And vice versa in case the BCP works best for you.

I can just PC the BCP to BCE in that case.

But then you don't get the signup bonus..

True. But I'm not a fan of collecting credit cards. I'll just give them a call and ask them to match the sign-up bonus for BCP.

I suppose. Different strokes, lol.

I know what i'd do though....I never get nice offers, and I've had AMEX for nearly 7 years...

That's probably because Amex has good offers only for new customers. That also makes me think whether I will get the same (good) offer on both cards. Maybe not.

Current Score TU: 787, EX: N/A, EQ: N/A
Message 11 of 14
slvrhwk
Regular Contributor

So I received my card yesterday. I called up customer service moments ago, they said they cannot change my offer, that once an offer is applied, it cannot be changed. Is there something else that I can try? It's only a $50 diff, I wouldn't mind not getting it, but still, it would be nice if I got it.

Message 12 of 14
elim
Senior Contributor

@slvrhwk wrote:

So I received my card yesterday. I called up customer service moments ago, they said they cannot change my offer, that once an offer is applied, it cannot be changed. Is there something else that I can try? It's only a $50 diff, I wouldn't mind not getting it, but still, it would be nice if I got it.

apply for both (1 in Jan) and keep the card that works for you next year.

Message 13 of 14
slvrhwk
Regular Contributor

@elim wrote:

@slvrhwk wrote:

apply for both (1 in Jan) and keep the card that works for you next year.

I've heard that most of the sign-up bonuses are for new members. The offer that I got in mail was targeted at me not being an Amex member. So I feel if I do end up applying for BCE, they'll only give me the regular bonus, which I think is $50 + 1 year of Amazon prime.

Anyone know of any way that worked for them in the past where the sign-up bonus was matched?

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.