cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware- Requesting to consolidate Chase accounts may result in review of credit profie

tag
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

Re: Beware- Requesting to consolidate Chase accounts may result in review of credit profie

@kdm31091 wrote:
I think it was only a matter of time. Few issuers move limits so easily with no HP.

However, as has been pointed out, this is a high YMMV thing.  Today was strange, made a payment on chase amazon, and first time didn't give me auto apply (though I didn't need an auto apply).  Maybe they don't like how my current spend on SimplyCash, but the Ink is too hard to get for the stage my self employment is in guys.  They will see some love in six months or so.  But they told me when I got the card, and for future cards, I would have no problem moving things around.  At least not signing up for ton of travel perks (or this could all have some sway with losing the contract for Costco to citi, who knows.)

Again, unless we see widespread reports from csr's, this could be more of an anamoly than the wave of the future.

Signature needs updating
Message 41 of 73
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: Beware- Requesting to consolidate Chase accounts may result in review of credit profie

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
I think it was only a matter of time. Few issuers move limits so easily with no HP.

However, as has been pointed out, this is a high YMMV thing.  Today was strange, made a payment on chase amazon, and first time didn't give me auto apply (though I didn't need an auto apply).  Maybe they don't like how my current spend on SimplyCash, but the Ink is too hard to get for the stage my self employment is in guys.  They will see some love in six months or so.  But they told me when I got the card, and for future cRds, I would have no problem moving things around.  At least not signing up for ton of travel perks (or this could all have some sway with losing the contract for Costco to citi, who knows.)

again, in, unless we see widespread reports from csr's, this could be more of an anamoly than the wave of the future.

We will just have to wait and see. There is no official word yet, obviously. We're just speculating Smiley Happy

I just would not be surprised IF they implement a HP policy because of how easy it is to "get a CLI" without a HP from them right now via rolling limits. It's nice for us, of course, but it kind of defeats the point of them having HP CLIs if you can just move a limit around and get your CLI that way. So I could see why they would want to make this more difficult to do.

Message 42 of 73
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

However, as has been pointed out, this is a high YMMV thing.  Today was strange, made a payment on chase amazon, and first time didn't give me auto apply (though I didn't need an auto apply).  Maybe they don't like how my current spend on SimplyCash, but the Ink is too hard to get for the stage my self employment is in guys.  They will see some love in six months or so.  But they told me when I got the card, and for future cRds, I would have no problem moving things around.  At least not signing up for ton of travel perks (or this could all have some sway with losing the contract for Costco to citi, who knows.)

again, in, unless we see widespread reports from csr's, this could be more of an anamoly than the wave of the future.

We will just have to wait and see. There is no official word yet, obviously. We're just speculating Smiley Happy

I just would not be surprised IF they implement a HP policy because of how easy it is to "get a CLI" without a HP from them right now via rolling limits. It's nice for us, of course, but it kind of defeats the point of them having HP CLIs if you can just move a limit around and get your CLI that way. So I could see why they would want to make this more difficult to do.

And, I wouldn't want this to go churning vs no churning, if you get my drift.  Obviously not churning an Amazon card, but folks are going to do what they are going to do.  Wish lists are not facts. Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 43 of 73
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

And, while we seek what might be happening, we DO want to stick with the facts. The FT forums would be the first to have this info if it was a widespread phenomenon. Smiley Indifferent

Signature needs updating
Message 44 of 73
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Oh no, I wasn't trying to imply about churning. Trust me, I'm not going there again with anyone. (Nor was I suggesting you were churning!)

It will be interesting to see if HP for moving limits becomes the norm at Chase. I know that BOA and Citi definitely require HP for this kind of thing. Capital One doesn't do it at all.

Message 45 of 73
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

And I don't think one report of cld means anything about hp moving limits. Was there even a hp involved?
Signature needs updating
Message 46 of 73
kdm31091
Super Contributor

The original poster was talking about a CLD, but the discussion kind of veered into the moving limits thing. OP didn't have a HP as far as I can tell, just their accounts decreased.

The point seems to be that some feel that Chase is noticing the "trick" of rolling limits to get a CLI without HP and that perhaps they will change the policy. Speculation at this point. The thing that would likely get you "noticed" more is closing the old card right when AF comes due/after collecting bonus etc, right after moving limits. Moving and then closing could be percieved more "red flag" than just moving limits but retaining the cards. 

Message 47 of 73
sillykitty1
Established Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

The thing that would likely get you "noticed" more is closing the old card right when AF comes due/after collecting bonus etc, right after moving limits. Moving and then closing could be percieved more "red flag" than just moving limits but retaining the cards. 

This is pure speculation and not related to anything in this thread, the OP was closing a Slate, which has no bonus or AF.  

Way too much scaremongering on this board, IMO.  Events that are specific to an individual's situation are then extrapolated to general statements that become gospel, like never carry a balance on an Amex, never make a minimum payment, and now moving limits between Chase cards might result in a CLD. Smiley Surprised

Message 48 of 73
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

I think we need a guniea pig.. Someone that Got the Ritz in December craze, that already met there spend bonus and got there rewards, transfer the limit and close the card.  I sure wouldn't want to be that GP...  Yes alot of speculation, but quite honestly Chase is LOSING money on this type of person, that can't be denied... If you are costing them money then what good are you to them, being a bank?  That isn't speculation, that is a fact my friend.

As I stated when I recenty transfered some of my Freedom limit to my CSP I had to be transferered to a SPECIAL dept.  They deffinetly did a SP on me..  Policies evolve with time.  Yes speculation, but they quite possibly could be figuring stuff out is all I am saying.  Anyways, need alot more evidence before anything can be determined of policy change.  As stated I had to speak with the Risk Portfolio Dept. to transfer some of my limit, but kept both cards open.. This seems new to me.

Message 49 of 73
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@sillykitty1 wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

The thing that would likely get you "noticed" more is closing the old card right when AF comes due/after collecting bonus etc, right after moving limits. Moving and then closing could be percieved more "red flag" than just moving limits but retaining the cards. 

This is pure speculation and not related to anything in this thread, the OP was closing a Slate, which has no bonus or AF.  

Way too much scaremongering on this board, IMO.  Events that are specific to an individual's situation are then extrapolated to general statements that become gospel, like never carry a balance on an Amex, never make a minimum payment, and now moving limits between Chase cards might result in a CLD. Smiley Surprised

Huh? I never said moving limits will cause a CLD

I said Chase may start requiring HP for moving limits. I said nothing about it causing a CLD....I simply said it "could" be percieved as a red flag. Could indicates that I'm well aware it is speculation and not "gospel".

Moving limits IS relevant to this thread. The freaking title is "requesting to consolidate....may result in review" so...it's relevant.

I'm also not the one that brought up moving limits, it has been discussed since the first page of the thread, and I was just saying I wouldn't be surprised if Chase changed policies about it. I don't know if they will or not.

For the record, though, I certainly disagree with "never carry a balance on Amex" and "never make a min payment" because those are overblown, overused statements

Message 50 of 73
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.