Regular Contributor
creditchief

Beware of CC denying for old baddies !!

Just wanted to let you know some of the bank cc have been denying some of my friends cc . I'm sure it is because of the credit mess but please beware. We certainly don't need any more trouble. My friend has scores in the low to mid 700's and was denied . Yes he had a bk7 over 9yrs ago but he has been spotless since then and has bought a home over 5 yrs ago with no lates. But they still got him for having a bk on record. I think they are looking for any reason to get us.You would think he  stole 50 billion dollars lol. Oh I got to go my jet is running!!!

Starting Score: 550-tu 550-eq
Current Score: 745-tu 777-eq (ex-736 lo)
Goal Score: 800-tu 800-eq

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

Re: Beware of CC denying for old baddies !!

Is his BK still showing on his reports if so that's why he received a denial.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Moderator Emerita
LilMirth

I agree with mjb. A bankruptcy will stay on credit reports for 10 years. Some lenders are absolute in their policies to not lend if there is a history of bankruptcy. It doesn't matter how stellar the history has been since the discharge. Until that major derog is gone, the risk is high. Some lenders will even blacklist for life if you burned them.

It's nice to hear, though, that your friend has been able to recover from bankruptcy, and has gone on to re-establish a solid credit history. Obviously, some lenders are more forgiving than others. They're the ones who will benefit from your friends business. :smileyhappy:

-------------------------------------------

Friendly, Supportive & Respectful

Understanding Your FICO Score  |  Credit Scoring 101  |  Common Abbreviations  |  FTC: FCRA Links  |  FTC: FDCPA Links  |  Opt-Out  |  State Resources

"However gradual may be the growth of confidence, that of credit requires still more time to arrive at maturity” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Super Contributor
concorduser

Some companies might be less concerned about BK on the CR. Now a days most companies do reject app if there is a BK on CR. Especially for Amex it is a no no.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+