Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Beware of Chase flirting with you.

tag
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Re: Beware of Chase flirting with you.

@kilj0y wrote:

So while tending to my front lawn after opening a CSP(5/20) and Ink Bold(5/30) I decided to check my mailbox as I was gardening until I could apply for a Freedom and would be happy with my cards after that. Well lo and behold I was receiving numerous mailed offers from chase telling me to apply for a Freedom. I kept resisting the urge as I thought I would be auto-denied and would have to recon for the card ( I hate talking to banks). Well after I received the 4th letter and seeing that my Fico has went from 632(when I was auto approved for the CSP) to above 700(USAA Fako) because a few lates had been disputed off and my debt ratio dropped from 75% to 15% due to NFCU CLIs I decided sure I should be able to be auto approved for a Freedom.

And.....Auto approved I was after a 2 pull(ouch) on EXP and EQ.

Guess its time to tend the garden again as I have all the cards I want except AMEX which I am not going to apply for until they start sending me pre-approvals or until after I decide to upgrade my car.

But now its time to grow my UR points to take the wife on a Honey Moon Smiley Happy

Congrats on the Freedom!

I did the same thing with Discover, I didn't apply untiil I received so many offers that I finally decided to save a tree and go for it. 

Message 11 of 12
kilj0y
Regular Contributor

Re: Beware of Chase flirting with you.

@tinuviel wrote:

Congrats on the approval; Freedom's a good card. Do you know what they gave you for a CL?

They gave me $4k but I am going to see if they can raise it as I have to constantly pay my $5k CSP during the month to keep it under. My reasoning will be I have 2 cards at $12.5k and I am switching banks and I do not want to have to pay it down constantly hopefully they can raise it when I call to activate.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.