Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big US Airways Mastercard Change

tag
jpparker07
New Contributor

Big US Airways Mastercard Change

No more foreign transaction fees! They are really making a push to get people to sign up for this card before it can no longer take new applicants! 50K mile bonus and no FTF. I wonder what else they have up their sleeves.

***Edit*** didn't see the prior post for this topic. Mods-feel free to delete Smiley Happy

Cards: AMEX BCE (2k), Barclay Arrival Mastercard (4.3K), Chase Freedom (1K), Discover It (1.3k), SECU (2K), CapOne Quicksilver (750)

Current Scores- Experian- 695, Equifax- 689, Transunion-680

Goal- 720 Across the Board
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
mikelo22
Established Contributor

Re: Big US Airways Mastercard Change

@jpparker07 wrote:

No more foreign transaction fees! They are really making a push to get people to sign up for this card before it can no longer take new applicants! 50K mile bonus and no FTF. I wonder what else they have up their sleeves.

How about a limited time 100K mile bonus? One can dream, right? Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 11
jpparker07
New Contributor

I actually will get 100k. Signed up for both this card and AAdvantage Platinum. Citi has the spending requirement, but they waive the annual fee for a year. So once I get that taken care of I'll have 50 on each card that will merge into AAdvantage points, which I actually think is a better program than Dividend Miles. No blackout dates!

Cards: AMEX BCE (2k), Barclay Arrival Mastercard (4.3K), Chase Freedom (1K), Discover It (1.3k), SECU (2K), CapOne Quicksilver (750)

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikelo22 wrote:

@jpparker07 wrote:

How about a limited time 100K mile bonus? One can dream, right? Smiley Very Happy

I'd be so mad.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want a 2nd card.  Think they'll let me earn the 50K again? 😎

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I want a 2nd card.  Think they'll let me earn the 50K again? 😎

Not unless you can make 6 months pass over the next 2 months.

Message 6 of 11
red259
Super Contributor

@jpparker07 wrote:

***Edit*** didn't see the prior post for this topic. Mods-feel free to delete Smiley Happy

Yes, you basically need to post within the first hour of breaking card news otherwise there will already be a thread about it! I saw the article yesterday and it was only three houts old and I came to post here and there was already an ongoing thread. heh.

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 7 of 11
red259
Super Contributor

Didn't see it mentioned in this thread but they also added Global Entry fee as part of the US Airways card which is a new perk. Gah must resist applying!

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 8 of 11
jpparker07
New Contributor

The global entry fee waiver only applies to the people who have already upgraded to the AAviator World Elite Mastercard, which has the 195 dollars annual fee. The regular Mastercard doesn't offer it and neither the the AAviator Red.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jpparker07 wrote:

The global entry fee waiver only applies to the people who have already upgraded to the AAviator World Elite Mastercard, which has the 195 dollars annual fee. The regular Mastercard doesn't offer it and neither the the AAviator Red.

That pretty much pays for itself then, I may call them about getting upgraded.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.