Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big limits but how much do you use?

tag
revvystoke
Frequent Contributor

Re: Big limits but how much do you use?

I never app'd too much in the past for new cards, I usually saved for a new car each year but decided to skip it this year. Since I didn't have any big purchases planned I figured I could waste some inq's. I run 3-4k through my cards each month, plus whatever expenses come for work that I am reimbursed for. It sucked always bumping close to the limits on whatever card I was using so the other cards with 5k+ limits helped in that regard. I pif and it is annoying always having to pay every few thousand to keep using the card, much easier to have higher limits and pif at the end of every other week vs every few days.

AkAir $50k | Marriott $65k | Local CU $8k
TU: 770 / EQ: 748 / EX: 769
Message 11 of 16
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

In my case, I have my girl friend as an AU on my Marriott card and she pushes about 2k a month thru.  I have a son in college, that I pay all his expenses possible on a credit card, then take money from his 529 to pay the credit card, that is about 12k a year, and for me, about 2k month, then my business does about 4k a month.

I rarley ever go above 3% of my lines combines.  But I have tons of credit.

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 12 of 16
HiLine
Blogger

@revvystoke wrote:

I never app'd too much in the past for new cards, I usually saved for a new car each year but decided to skip it this year. Since I didn't have any big purchases planned I figured I could waste some inq's. I run 3-4k through my cards each month, plus whatever expenses come for work that I am reimbursed for. It sucked always bumping close to the limits on whatever card I was using so the other cards with 5k+ limits helped in that regard. I pif and it is annoying always having to pay every few thousand to keep using the card, much easier to have higher limits and pif at the end of every other week vs every few days.

I'm surprised the banks haven't increased your credit limit already. Have you tried requesting a CLI with BofA yet?

Message 13 of 16
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I have been averaging less than 10% of my limits each month, then PIF.  That should be trending down now that most of the work on the house is complete but I am sure it will go back up with the next project.

Message 14 of 16
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

Holy crap, $100k+ worth of credit cards?

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 15 of 16
HiLine
Blogger

@Razeus wrote:

Holy crap, $100k+ worth of credit cards?

Welcome to MyFICO, Razeus! Robot Very Happy

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.