Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big limits

tag
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: Big limits

In general credit unions give bigger starting limits than the big banks.
Message 21 of 25
electra
Established Contributor

I started out with 0 CCs and a score of 584.  NFCU gave me a VISA Siggy with a $5k limit.  Within 5-6 months I had it increased to $25k.   

I just apped for CSP and BCP with the scores you see in my sig and 6-7 months of history w/NFCU and I got a $6k CL for CSP and a $1k CL (Wow) for AMEX

I have a fairly high income.

Message 22 of 25
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

@electra wrote:

I started out with 0 CCs and a score of 584.  NFCU gave me a VISA Siggy with a $5k limit.  Within 5-6 months I had it increased to $25k.   

I just apped for CSP and BCP with the scores you see in my sig and 6-7 months of history w/NFCU and I got a $6k CL for CSP and a $1k CL (Wow) for AMEX

I have a fairly high income.

That's awesome!  Congrats!!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 25
visorboy1974
Valued Contributor

I've heard that the MileagePlus Club card has $8K as the min limit to start. 

FICO Scores Updated 07/15 EQ08 748 EX08 748 TU08 818
Message 24 of 25
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@enharu wrote:

@thom02099 wrote:

In the context of which issuer gives the BIGGEST initial credit limits, I don't think there's a definitive answer.  It's all a matter of perspective.  For someone starting out on their credit journey, a $5K limit for a CSP may be considered a huge CL.  For a more seasoned credit adventurer, unless one is getting $10K to start, it's not "worth it" (tongue is firmly in cheek here!).  That said, those $10K starters are not unheard of, and a good place to start for those is Merrill Lynch.  When I got my Platinum Plus card from them (you have to do it by phone), they asked me if $10K was enough to start!

were you already a ML client when you applied? or did you had the BofA card for a while?

No prior ML client, but did have a relationship with BofA...Cash Rewards Signature Visa card and a prior (paid) mortgage, perfect history with them over the life of the loan. 

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.