Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big score jump, what card now?

tag
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Re: Big score jump, what card now?

I'm curious, my only baddie is scheduled to drop off later this year. right around the time my AAoA get over a year and my  Oldest account goes to 4 years so I'm expecting a big jump as well.  

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 11 of 29
Slab
Frequent Contributor

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

I'm curious, my only baddie is scheduled to drop off later this year. right around the time my AAoA get over a year and my  Oldest account goes to 4 years so I'm expecting a big jump as well.  

My last baddie was an electric bill of $861 that was charged off. Once it dropped off, I went from 683 to 735 Equifax FICO. Good luck to you.

Equifax FICO 781, Transunion FICO 821, Experian FICO 807,

810 goal on all three by 3-1-2015
Message 12 of 29
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Nice, mine is a cell phone bill CO for $500.. Fortunately it'll be off for good in 4-5 short months Smiley Happy. It's weird because CK says I don't have any baddies but I thought they were powered by TU. I Pulled my TU report and it's still  there.  Weird.

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 13 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

OP did you get in with PenFed???

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 29
Slab
Frequent Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Not yet, I will be apping next week.

Message 15 of 29
Slab
Frequent Contributor

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

Nice, mine is a cell phone bill CO for $500.. Fortunately it'll be off for good in 4-5 short months Smiley Happy. It's weird because CK says I don't have any baddies but I thought they were powered by TU. I Pulled my TU report and it's still  there.  Weird.

Same with me, CK never showed my charge off but the score resembled my TR FICO so, I will check CK on the 12th and see if my score went up.

Message 16 of 29
goosedog
Regular Contributor

I recently had 2 collections drop off EQ and 2 more im hoping should drop off. I also had 3 dropoff EXPERIAN, so im hoping those raise my credit profile and scores.

As for the OP, why not just hold off on applying for the time being and let your cards grow for 6 more months and hibernate with your credit card calories Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Slab wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

Not yet, I will be apping next week.

Good luck Smiley Happy

Which card are you going for?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 29
enharu
Super Contributor

@Slab wrote:

Thanks for the response. I would probably want a low APR and cash back. I don't carry a balance so I guess a card that might give an opening Credit Line that's significant.

for low APR and more generous starting credit limits, your best bet is to join a credit union.

There are lots of good cashback cards. There's US Bank Cash+ Discover IT, Chase Freedom, Citi Thank You (with the 5X Groceries, Gas & Drug Stores offer in branches), Penfed Rewards, and many others to choose from. What do you spend on most?

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 19 of 29
Slab
Frequent Contributor

@goosedog wrote:

I recently had 2 collections drop off EQ and 2 more im hoping should drop off. I also had 3 dropoff EXPERIAN, so im hoping those raise my credit profile and scores.

As for the OP, why not just hold off on applying for the time being and let your cards grow for 6 more months and hibernate with your credit card calories Smiley Happy

That's not a bad idea to hibernate for awhile and on second thought I might just do that. In 5 mos I will have zero hard inquiries on all 3 CRAs and AAOA will be better. Shoot, I might even hit 750 or better by then. It is sure nice to have a clean file. Not gloating, just excited to be sort of in the drivers seat again.

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.