Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later Approvals lately?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Bill Me Later Approvals lately?

Now that the bank switched have they changed at all? Like not very bk friendly and such?
They pull EQ?
Message 1 of 84
83 REPLIES 83
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later Approvals lately?

What is this bill me later thing ? LolSmiley Happy seriously I hear about this and pay pal and don't know about it
Message 2 of 84
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

It's a hidden trade line credit line/card to charge on when shopping online... It's available through so many retailers now and they offer 6 month 0% on most purchases over $99 or $149... It's like CareCredit in that way.
And the credit line kind of moves as you need and charge
Message 3 of 84
titanofold
Established Contributor

Yeah, but unless things have changed, they don't report to any of the credit bureaus. Yet, they do a hard pull on your credit reports.

You get dinged, and you get nothing out of it.

Scores2013-09-21Current
Equifax630 (LP)755 (CK)/749 (Quizzle)
Experian640 (FCR)FICO 707 (Amex)
TransUnion588 (CK)FICO 754 (Barclaycard)
Message 4 of 84
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

IMHO you do get something out of it. A hidden TL allows a person flexibility to spend when/if needed without affecting UTL. Also, theoretically it is always at 0% APR if one spreads purchasing out over time and pays within 6 mo period. Those sound like a win-win for me…
Message 5 of 84
peripheral

My personal experience with Bill Me Later has been terrific.

I originally applied in May and recieved a $301 Credit Line.  After using it sporadically for $50-$100 purchases and paying in full for 6 months, I decided to try to take it to the next level with an Apple Store purchase.

To my great surprise I was approved for a $2850 Macbook Pro.  In addition  to getting 6 months of interest free financing, I also got 2% cash back.  Just awesome.

The bonus was, after the initial hard pull to open the account in May, there have been 0 inquiries since...including the $2850 purchase from the Apple Store.  Assuming BML's reporting doesn't change, in 2 years I'll have a trade line that can pull upwards of $3k (or more) purchases interest free for 6 months.  I have no problem with them not reporting my payment history.  This allows me to keep my credit card utilization very low.

My credit file is relatively thin.  I have 3 Credit Cards with a total of $1500 in available credit (3x $500 Credit Limits).  My 3 cards were just over 1 year old.

All in all, I'm very happy with Bill Me Later.  I'll definitely try to use it as much as possible for large single purchases.  They have a large selection of online outfits that offer 6 months interest free.

Starting Score: 620
Current Score: 680
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Capital One Platinum $500
Bank of America Cash Rewards $500
US Bank Platinum $500
Message 6 of 84
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@titanofold wrote:

Yeah, but unless things have changed, they don't report to any of the credit bureaus. Yet, they do a hard pull on your credit reports.

You get dinged, and you get nothing out of it.

I agree with others in that you do get a lot out of it.  They don't report to any of the credit bureaus, but this is the unique benefit of the account. It allows you to carry large balances at 0% interest and no payments for 6 to 12 months (if that was the offer) and nobody knows about it but you.  There is no utilization penalty.  IMO, This is the best reason to have a BML account.  I just made a $1200 purchase on BML that I plan on paying for in April, will cost me no more money than if I had paid cash, doesn't affect my FICO utilization, and none of my other lenders can see it.  Not many credit cards offer anything like this.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 7 of 84
Geordi
Regular Contributor

So does Bill Me Later pull Equifax only, or does it depend on which state you reside?
Message 8 of 84
sdwalt
Regular Contributor

I got approved a few weeks ago, they pulled eq. I was a little put off that they didn't report, but I got over that right away lol. It is nice to have a low profile way to buy stuff.

Message 9 of 84
Luscher
Valued Contributor

EQ for me. Applied over a year ago
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 10 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.