Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later Approvals lately?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later Approvals lately?

I've had my BML for nearly 2 yrs (in Jan). I love the zero interest and not-reporting TL. I've noticed NO difference since they switched to Comenity Bank. I called and spoke w/rep who assured me that they are still owned by PayPal; it's just their funding source that changed. So their policies are all the same.

I have a very occasional SP on EQ only, so far. (Except the HP for the app. It's ALWAYS a HP to app w/BML.) And have gotten one unsolicited CLI, which was nice (though, obviously doesn't do anything for util). Still I'd rather it *not* report, so it suits me fine. Smiley Happy

I mostly use it for eBay purchases with the 0% financing. It's really nice to have. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 31 of 84
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@bichonmom
thanks. So if you have a PP account you can pay with PP and use any of the registered CCs? Also is only opening a BML account a HP or each time you want to use it with a merchant? I read some contradictional comments online which made me not to app for it because I was afraid to collect HPs for the use of it each time. I am not applying anytime soon but would love to consider it at a later stage. Looks interesting if CC can be used as payment (via PP) and if no HP each time you want to use it.
Message 32 of 84
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:
@bichonmom
thanks. So if you have a PP account you can pay with PP and use any of the registered CCs? Also is only opening a BML account a HP or each time you want to use it with a merchant? I read some contradictional comments online which made me not to app for it because I was afraid to collect HPs for the use of it each time. I am not applying anytime soon but would love to consider it at a later stage. Looks interesting if CC can be used as payment (via PP) and if no HP each time you want to use it.

I don't think you can pay using a CC through PayPal. It would need to be paid with your PayPal balance, or trsfr from your ckg acct. I had a 0% balance that was expiring and called and asked them if I could pay bal w/CC and they said no. So, while you can pay for stuff online w/your CC using PayPal, I'm not sure that will work for BML. I think it has to come from your PP bal only.

It is only a HP the first time when you app. After that if you want to buy something beyond your avail credit, it will SP you and determine if you qualify for whatever you're purchasing or not. I have never tried to go beyond my CL, but that is what BML has told me and others here have stated the same thing.

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 33 of 84
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@ Bichonmom
Thanks a lot. Good news for the HP but bad news for CC but kind of logic Smiley Happy. Can't have 0% APR and rewards. LOL
Message 34 of 84
shane82388
Established Contributor

It is only a HP the first time when you app. After that if you want to buy something beyond your avail credit, it will SP you and determine if you qualify for whatever you're purchasing or not. I have never tried to go beyond my CL, but that is what BML has told me and others here have stated the same thing.

Yep. But im not sure if they really soft you every time you try to go over your limit...I was denied multiple times over the past 6 months or so when i tried to go over the limit and they kept the refering the denial to a credit report from early July 2013...

Strangely enough, i tried again this morning for some i purchases on ebay and it was approved...go figure... Guess they msut of finally pulled a new report?

Message 35 of 84
jbrown773
Contributor

I got BML about 2 months ago how early do they tend to approve cli 

Starting Score: EQ FICO 582, TU 614, EX 528 9/13
Current Score: EQ FICO 648, TU 678, EX 663
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 36 of 84
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@jbrown773 wrote:

I got BML about 2 months ago how early do they tend to approve cli 

Don't think there's necessarily a time limit like with other CCs. You just need to attempt a purchase over your existing CL and see what happens. That's one downside. They don't give CLI upon request. The only way to get CLI is to make a purchase or get auto-CLI.

Message 37 of 84
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

Yep. But im not sure if they really soft you every time you try to go over your limit...I was denied multiple times over the past 6 months or so when i tried to go over the limit and they kept the refering the denial to a credit report from early July 2013...

Strangely enough, i tried again this morning for some i purchases on ebay and it was approved...go figure... Guess they msut of finally pulled a new report?

Yeah, BML can be quirky. I guess I've just learned to live with the quirks. And I only use it for occasional financing for larger eBay purchases. Though like the idea of financing a new computer on there since it won't affect util, if I can get 0% offer. Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 84
shane82388
Established Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

Yeah, BML can be quirky. I guess I've just learned to live with the quirks. And I only use it for occasional financing for larger eBay purchases. Though like the idea of financing a new computer on there since it won't affect util, if I can get 0% offer. Smiley Happy

yep thats exactly what its awesome for!

Message 39 of 84
Anf_dude
Contributor

I Have A PayPal Payment Card, So The App Lets Me Choose To Make The Default Funding Source The Bill me Later. So It's Like A credit Card To Places That Take Paypal Smiley Tongue Home Depot, Anf, Hollister… haha Just A FYI
Message 40 of 84
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.