Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later (BML)

tag
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Bill Me Later (BML)

Just wondering how big the credit lines people are receiving at approval? Anyone get instantly approved for $3-$4k immediately. I only ask because I see a lot of toy limits out there on this hidden trade line. Being this is Comenity backed, I am assuming it is always an Equifax pull, correct?  Also, I know you can automatically request a cli (SP) buy attempting to purchase an item over your approve credit line. Is there a way to just log in and request a cli on their website or thru their phone system?

Thanks for the information.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later (BML)

@dbw79 wrote:

Just wondering how big the credit lines people are receiving at approval? Anyone get instantly approved for $3-$4k immediately. I only ask because I see a lot of toy limits out there on this hidden trade line. Being this is Comenity backed, I am assuming it is always an Equifax pull, correct?  Also, I know you can automatically request a cli (SP) buy attempting to purchase an item over your approve credit line. Is there a way to just log in and request a cli on their website or thru their phone system?

Unless your first purchase is big I don't think you see high limits at approval.

As far as I know you can't just request an increase somewhere, it's done through purchases only.

Message 2 of 16
BrokaToe
Established Contributor

@dbw79 wrote:

I just signed up for BML a few days ago and was given a $474 credit line.  But I was making a purchase for only $74 when I chose to go with BML. Their terms say that you will be approved for the amount of your purchase or $250 with ever is greater, but I guess some people get larger than $250 straight off the muscle.

There was another person that out right applied for it without making a purchase and received a $2,000 credit line so I'm thinking that may be the better way to do it and then go to make your purchase.

As far as CLI some people have had luck calling in and asking for a larger line, but normally the way to do that is just purchase something over your current available credit line.  Just remember, it doesn't report to the CB so having a larger line doesn't really mean anything unless you need it for a purchase.

Hope this helps.

border="0" align="left" width="450" height="90">
Message 3 of 16
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Thanks. Appreciate all the feedback.

Message 4 of 16
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Thanks CA.

Message 5 of 16
smittyboy020
Contributor

My initial limit was $965 (iPhone 5 purchase). My second purchase, (Zales) placed me at my current limit. Both were HP's on EQ because of the amounts I was requesting.
Message 6 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@smittyboy020 wrote:
My initial limit was $965 (iPhone 5 purchase). My second purchase, (Zales) placed me at my current limit. Both were HP's on EQ because of the amounts I was requesting.

WHAT? once open they are not suppose to ever take a HP and I would send in request for that to be removed.

Message 7 of 16
dbw79
Regular Contributor

Thanks Smitty. That seems like a pretty decent c/l for BML. They hard pulled you though a 2nd time?

Message 8 of 16
smittyboy020
Contributor

A month after the 2nd HP, they both disappeared. I called to inquire about the pulls, and they claimed to have no record of any pulls. It's been about a year and they haven't returned.

A HP ghost!!!
Message 9 of 16
sadiespapa
New Contributor

I app'd yesterday through a paypal invitation email I got. Checked EQ this morning and sure enough, HP. EQ is my lowest score. I'm really suprised they gave me a 2k line. 

JUL 2015 FICO: EX 705 | EQ 694 | TU 692
APR 2014 FICO: EX 651 | EQ 635 | TU 671
DEC 2013 FICO: EX 628 | EQ 559 | TU 655
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.