cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later CL....does it go up with authorization only?

Established Contributor

Bill Me Later CL....does it go up with authorization only?

For those of you that have a Bill Me Later account. I know when you make a purchase that takes you over your current CL they soft pull you and either approve or deny the transaction and then if approved your total amount outstanding at that time becomes your new CL. 

 

I was was curious to see if a purchase would go through so I ordered something from Walmart that was $600 more than my current available credit. The purchase was approved. I then cancelled the order with Walmart.

 

i was wondering if my Bill Me Later will still reflect the increase in my credit limit since the authorization went through but the sale will not post?

 

Anyone out there tried this?

 

I think the Bill Me later account not reporting and the 6 months no interest makes this quite a useful account. My current limit is only $1500.Can you request CLI with BML directly with them?


Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES
Valued Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later CL....does it go up with authorization only?

You can not request it. But it doesn't affect utilization. I would just assume that your credit limit is unlimited, or no preset limit. I have made purchases over my limit quite a few times and have never been declined for anything. I am not sure why they even put the limit there if they are just going to approve all of my transactions, regardless of the price. I no longer worry about it. If there is something that I need to buy using bill me later, I am confident that BML will instantly approve it.
EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 2 of 5
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later CL....does it go up with authorization only?


IWOL wrote:

For those of you that have a Bill Me Later account. I know when you make a purchase that takes you over your current CL they soft pull you and either approve or deny the transaction and then if approved your total amount outstanding at that time becomes your new CL. 

 

I was was curious to see if a purchase would go through so I ordered something from Walmart that was $600 more than my current available credit. The purchase was approved. I then cancelled the order with Walmart.

 

i was wondering if my Bill Me Later will still reflect the increase in my credit limit since the authorization went through but the sale will not post?

 

Anyone out there tried this?

 

I think the Bill Me later account not reporting and the 6 months no interest makes this quite a useful account. My current limit is only $1500.Can you request CLI with BML directly with them?


You cannot Request CLIs with BML...its either Auto CLI or by trigger with making a purchase over your current CL. NO OTHER WAYS.

 

You will need to let the Walmart purchase post to your account to get the CLI. Since you canceled while the purchase was in Pending the CLI will not be made perm.

 

BML is very useful to those that know how to use it to their advantage......that said its definitely not worth using outside of the 6 mos NI/NP financing and the 0% Paypal Cash Advances.

My Current Active Line Up

Message 3 of 5
Senior Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later CL....does it go up with authorization only?


IWOL wrote:

i was wondering if my Bill Me Later will still reflect the increase in my credit limit since the authorization went through but the sale will not post?

 

No idea as I haven't cancelled an order to attempt a CLI. Seems pointless to me since it doen't report.

 


Blackbeauty212 wrote:

You cannot Request CLIs with BML...its either Auto CLI or by trigger with making a purchase over your current CL. NO OTHER WAYS.

 


While you can't request they gave me a CLI without purchase recently.

Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later CL....does it go up with authorization only?


takeshi74 wrote:

IWOL wrote:

i was wondering if my Bill Me Later will still reflect the increase in my credit limit since the authorization went through but the sale will not post?

 

No idea as I haven't cancelled an order to attempt a CLI. Seems pointless to me since it doen't report.

 


Blackbeauty212 wrote:

You cannot Request CLIs with BML...its either Auto CLI or by trigger with making a purchase over your current CL. NO OTHER WAYS.

 


While you can't request they gave me a CLI without purchase recently.


Yes that what I meant by Auto CLI

My Current Active Line Up

Message 5 of 5