Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later....Nightmare

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Bill Me Later....Nightmare

So i tried applying for Bill Me Later during check out about 2 weeks ago on bhphoto.com and it just gave me an error that my info wasnt matching up and to try again. I tried and I tried...but no success. I called them multiple times and all they said they could do was tell me to look for an email from them or look for something in the mail.

Well, an email never came from them, and i check my SPAM folder every day just to make sure as well...still nothing. Also, nothing came in the snail mail and its been 2 weeks...plenty of time to have a letter mailed out in delivered...

I WAS HIT WITH AN INQUIRY THOUGH!

So i decided to listen to the advice of the CSR's and just wait it out....well its been 2 weeks now nad I called back yesterday. After telling a guy what happened, I called back and was told just to apply again using my older address, and that there was not going to be a second inquiry because they only do one inquiry in a 30 day period, no matter what. So i tried it out, and got another error message.

Of course, this ended up being untrue and I just got a SECOND INQUIRY!!!

Im sooooo mad right now...i just want both inquiries removed and just forget about the whole thing. How should I go about doing this? Calling seems to get you pushing up against a brick wall...

Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Juss11
Frequent Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later....Nightmare

What CRA did Bill Me Later pull?

Message 2 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

So i tried applying for Bill Me Later during check out about 2 weeks ago on bhphoto.com and it just gave me an error that my info wasnt matching up and to try again. I tried and I tried...but no success. I called them multiple times and all they said they could do was tell me to look for an email from them or look for something in the mail.

Well, an email never came from them, and i check my SPAM folder every day just to make sure as well...still nothing. Also, nothing came in the snail mail and its been 2 weeks...plenty of time to have a letter mailed out in delivered...

So i decided to listen to the advice of the CSR's and just wait it out....well its been 2 weeks now nad I called back yesterday. After telling a guy what happened, I called back and was told just to apply again using my older address, and that there was not going to be a second inquiry because they only do one inquiry in a 30 day period, no matter what. So i tried it out, and got another error message.

Im sooooo mad right now...i just want both inquiries removed and just forget about the whole thing. How should I go about doing this? Calling seems to get you pushing up against a brick wall...

Smiley Sad

Dispute directly with EQ for unauthorized pulls.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 9
shane82388
Established Contributor

@Juss11 wrote:

What CRA did Bill Me Later pull?

Equifax

Message 4 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I'd also call BML and speak to a supervisor about them pulling back the INQ's

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 9
shane82388
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

Smiley Sad

Called again and the guy said he was gonna put in a request for a supervisor to remove the first inquiry because i never got any correspondence. The second one is still suspect cuz its using an old addrress....He said he would try for that one but couldnt gunaruntee it because i got some correspondence back from them for it....i pointed out that people could just go to the Bill Me Later app and type in random numbers and be hitting up people for hard inquiries if all you have to do type in last 4 of your social and a completely wrong address and Name, etc...

He agreeded but still couldnt guaruntee it....

Message 6 of 9
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@shane82388 wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@shane82388 wrote:

Smiley Sad

Called again and the guy said he was gonna put in a request for a supervisor to remove the first inquiry because i never got any correspondence. The second one is still suspect cuz its using an old addrress....He said he would try for that one but couldnt gunaruntee it because i got some correspondence back from them for it....i pointed out that people could just go to the Bill Me Later app and type in random numbers and be hitting up people for hard inquiries if all you have to do type in last 4 of your social and a completely wrong address and Name, etc...

He agreeded but still couldnt guaruntee it....

In that case, dispute it directly with EQ. dont stop calling them and EQ until they remove it!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 9
shane82388
Established Contributor

I just disputed it online. How long until some response do you figure?

Message 8 of 9
aussiesareforever
Established Contributor

I disputed a BML inquiry through EQ a while ago and they didn't remove it. My stupid brother tried to open an account with my info. It came back verified (TWICE) and I just finally gave in. It is due to fall off in November.

I wasn't active on this board then and didn't know about backdoor numbers. I tried the regular customer service number for BML and they couldn't help. It might be best to try to get it adjusted via BML directly but of course, YMMV

BK in January 2008---Barclay's Apple Financing Card ($10,000) --- Capital One Quicksilver ($13,000)--- Platinum Delta Skymiles ($35,000) --- GEMB CareCredit ($10,000) --- AUFCU ($10000)---Discover IT ($33,000)

Experian 835 Transunion 828-- August 2018
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.