Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later - Remove Inquiry

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Bill Me Later - Remove Inquiry

So i got Bill Me Later to agree to remove a somewhat ridiculous inquiry, but the paper they sent me confirming this said it would be gone in 30 days....Its been about 40 and its still there in Equifax...should i be worried or banging down their door or just give it some more time?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later - Remove Inquiry

If you actually have something from BML in writing agreeing to remove the inquiry, you should be able to fax or mail it to EQ for removal. They won't remove on your say so, but if you have it in writing from the creditor, they should remove it. That's what TU told me they would do, so presumably, EQ would be the same. I'd call EQ backdoor sticky number and explain and ask them how you can forward the written request for removal from creditor.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 6
suebee123
Frequent Contributor

Same thing happened to me. Got a letter in the mail from BML saying it would be removed and after two months it was still there.  Disputed with EQ, sent copy of letter, and it came back verified and said only BML can ask that it be removed.  Called BML again, got a call back saying it would be removed...still waiting...that was last week.  They said to give it another 30 days. !

Current: EQ Fico (700), EX Fico AMX (681) TU Fico Walmart (711) MyFico TU (708) Vantage: TU 803, EX 777, EQ 789
Goal: 700+ across the board.
Message 3 of 6
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Good luck with thatSmiley Happy

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 6
getahead
Regular Contributor

I faxed in my BML letters to Equifax with a letter explaining on how they were supposed to delete, when I pulled my EQ report 30 days later ALL of my BML inquiries were deleted, even the ones that were supposed to be there. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 580
Current Score: Fico EQ-679, Fico TU-670, EX Plus-713, TU Walmart-697, CreditKarma-690
Goal Score: 700 Club

Message 5 of 6
TM82
Regular Contributor

@suebee123 wrote:

Same thing happened to me. Got a letter in the mail from BML saying it would be removed and after two months it was still there.  Disputed with EQ, sent copy of letter, and it came back verified and said only BML can ask that it be removed.  Called BML again, got a call back saying it would be removed...still waiting...that was last week.  They said to give it another 30 days. !

I had something similar as well. In November I had an inquiry on EQ from them. I never applied so I called and told them it was fraud. They told me that they would remove it. Get a letter in the mail 2 weeks ago saying they couldn't approve my recent request for credit since the report is frozen. I called them up again and it looks like another attempt was made. The original inquiry is still there. The rep noted that I did call back in November and that it should've been taken care of then. She put in another request.
My Cards
American Express Blue | American Express Premier Rewards Gold | Chase Amazon | Chase Freedom | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase United Explorer | Chase United MileagePlus Club | JPMorgan Palladium

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.