Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Me Later - Update Annual Income

tag
shane82388
Established Contributor

Re: Bill Me Later - Update Annual Income

@shane82388 wrote:

Did anyone ever discover if updating your income on Bill Me Later will help with getting a CLI?

I know this is an old thread but it never got a real aswer...has any tested out the effect of putting your annual income in to the Bill Me Later page? It says you can do it only twice every 6 months after you select a income range...

Do you think this would have an actual effect on purchase approvals and what not or is it sort of a Capital 1 monkey button type of thing?

Message 11 of 15
RushXTC
Established Contributor

BML works in a weird way... Honestly I'd love to have a high credit limit on it, Just because I enjoy getting the 6 months no interest on almost anything over $100. Since the limit doesn't even report to the CB then it really doesn't matter =P

I've had my BML for about 8 months now. I always buy games on Steam, Pay everything I buy on eBay with it, In-Game items with it etc. etc.... I've literally spent thousands using BML, Always paying $100+ a month $0 balance every once in a while, Then when I tried buying something past my limit ($500) I was denied, But like in 10 minutes I received an e-mail saying my purchase went through. ($550 total limit now?) won't go past that.... I don't know why even with the history I have with them.

Message 12 of 15
shane82388
Established Contributor

@RushXTC wrote:

BML works in a weird way... Honestly I'd love to have a high credit limit on it, Just because I enjoy getting the 6 months no interest on almost anything over $100. Since the limit doesn't even report to the CB then it really doesn't matter =P

I've had my BML for about 8 months now. I always buy games on Steam, Pay everything I buy on eBay with it, In-Game items with it etc. etc.... I've literally spent thousands using BML, Always paying $100+ a month $0 balance every once in a while, Then when I tried buying something past my limit ($500) I was denied, But like in 10 minutes I received an e-mail saying my purchase went through. ($550 total limit now?) won't go past that.... I don't know why even with the history I have with them.

I started with $1001 limit...i think ive had it for about 6 months and it just now allowed me to go over that limit...ive made a few purchases...i think im at 1100 or soemthing...but id love to buy a new Mac Pro when they come out in the fall and get 12 months 0% financing and have the balance not report. That would be quite the double whammy!

Message 13 of 15
shane82388
Established Contributor

Has anyone noticed an effect of changing their Bill Me Later annual income on the website?

Message 14 of 15
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.